Friday, February 13, 2009

Randi, Maxim's NFL's Hottest Cheerleader 

Posted by James at 11:00 AM ET

From Houstonist.com

Last week, Houston Texans Cheerleader, Randi, was voted by Maxim Magazine readers as the NFL's Hottest Cheerleader.

Randi, Texans CheerleaderThere must be something in the water in this area. Last year, we saw UH's Taucha Hogue make it to the CBS Sportsline finals for the College Cheerleader of the Year award and we also saw Crystal, who hails from Lumberton, TX, make it all the way to Maxim's semi-finals of the Hometown Hottie Contest.

Unfortunately, both of them just fell short, but his time Randi brings home the gold.

Randi, congratulations on being named Maxim Magazine's NFL's Hottest Cheerleader. How did you find out that you were in this contest?

Thank you! I got a call from one of my friends telling me that my picture was in Maxim's February issue advertising the contest. That was a surprise in itself. I logged on to Maxim.com to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me and there I was!

What was going through your mind when you found that you won? Have you done anything to celebrate this award, or are you going to?

I didn't believe it at first! I actually haven't done any celebrating, but my family and friends are all very proud of me and are constantly telling everyone about it.

Did you do anything in particular to help get the word out for people to
vote for you?

I went around to a couple of local radio stations to get the word out. They were very supportive and I think that helped a lot!

We've all seen how vigorous the tryouts are to become a Texans Cheerleader,
but how much time and preparation do you do a week to prepare for a game?

We usually practice three times a week during the season. Practice generally lasts about three hours so I'd say we spend a lot of time preparing for games. It's intense, but all that hard work definitely pays off on game day.

What's the best part of being a Houston Texans Cheerleader?

For me, the best part about being a Houston Texans Cheerleader is how much we get to give back to the community. I've done lots of appearances with kids and I really enjoy being a positive role model.

It's no secret that everyone wants to date a Texans Cheerleader, but what does a
guy have to do to win you over?

I like a guy that can be himself, no matter the circumstance. I love to laugh and I'm always being silly, so a good sense of humor is key. I'm also pretty athletic, so being active is definitely a plus too!

Now, that you've been voted Hottest Cheerleader in the NFL, is there a
chance we could see you doing some modeling gigs?

I definitely wouldn't be opposed to doing more with modeling. We will see what the future holds!

Labels: ,