Monday, December 15, 2008

Rookie Charger Girl Q&A: Giselle 

Posted by James at 11:00 AM ET

By Spencer Breecker
Charger Tailgate Times
You were born in Panama and lived there during the early years of your childhood; do the Panamanian traditions play a large role in your life?

Panamanian traditions have always played a large role in my life. When my family moved to the states, my mother always told me that while it was important to celebrate a new culture and traditions, it was equally important to never forget our Panamanian roots. The fact that I am still fluent in Spanish, enjoy Panamanian food, have a love for Salsa and Merengue, as well as Panamanian folklore dancing, shows just how large of a role my culture plays in my life.

Charger Girls

How did you get interested in Finance and how are you able to balance being a Charger Girl and a Financial Analyst for a San Diego-based corporation.

I always knew that I wanted to get a degree in Business. Once I was accepted into the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas, I realize that majoring in Finance would give me the most career option in the future. Balancing Charger Girls and my job as a Financial Analyst has definitely been interesting! My biggest challenge has been going from looking at numbers all day at work to learning new choreography at practice. I love that my job and Charger Girls are two completely different worlds.

What is you favorite holiday?

Christmas has always been my favorite. I always look forward to it because I get to celebrate it with my family and we always have a traditional Panamanian food such as Panamanian tamales and arroz con pollo.

Charger Girls

If you could fly to any place in the word, where would you go?

I have always been fascinated with going to Australia. I would love to go there and enjoy the amazing beaches and wildlife.

What is your favorite charity?

I love the San Diego Humane Society and SPCA because of their commitment to animal welfare and education. My dog completed a puppy obedience class the their campus!

If an actress were to play you in a movie, which actress would it be?

I would be honored to have Zoe Saldana play me in a movie. I admire that she is a talented and successful Latin American actress and people always tell me that we look alike.

[Giselle at Chargers.com]

Labels: ,