Saturday, December 06, 2008

Rookie Charger Girl Q&A: Carissa 

Posted by David Allen Tyau at 5:41 PM ET

By Spencer Breeker
Charger Tailgate Times

How do you spend your time off the field?

When I am not cheering, I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I enjoy going on vacation with my family whether it's to snowboard, wakeboard or race off-road cars in the desert.

Charger Girls

How enjoyable is it to see your younger sister as passionate about dancing as you are?

My baby sister is a blessing from God. I have always been one of her role models, and I am very excited that she wants to follow in my footsteps and take our passion for cheering and performing to a professional level.

If you were stranded on a deserted island, what personal item could you not live without?

I could not live without my cell phone now-a-days simply because I am very close to my family. Plus, a bonus is that a cell phone now days has music, internet, games, etc...

What is one interesting fact most people don't know about you?

Most people know that I am a dancer and a gymnast, but most people don't know that I can walk extremely far on my hands and make it look very easy. Walking on my hands is one of my favorite things to do in gymnastics.

Do you have an pre-performance rituals?

In all of my years growing up dancing and competing, my teammates and I have always prayed before we take the field.

Who is your favorite Chargers Player?

Each Chargers is very important to the structure of the team, but I would have to say one of my favorites to watch is LaDainian Tomlinson. He is a very respectable person as well as a very strong player.

Charger Girls

The Charger Girls consistently visit Children's Hospital, how have those visits affected you?

Visiting Children's Hospital is a wonderful experience. Many of the children are unable to go and play outside, so when they are showered with love and attention their smiles are amazingly bright and their spirits are lifted. Knowing that even our visit can put a smile on a child's face is worth everything in the world.

As a full-time student, how are you able to balance both school and cheer effectively?

Balancing school and cheer is hard because on top of that I could never give up coaching my students. My life is very chaotic and stressful at times, but when you love what you do, you just make it happen. I go to school during the morning to free up my nights for cheering and coaching. Homework gets squeezed in very late at night. But I love it all and wouldn't change any of it.

Labels: ,