<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

No Country For Old Men – NFL Week 14 

Posted by David Allen Tyau at 6:00 AM ET

Some people say that Al Davis has lost it, that the game has passed him by. If you saw his press conference announcing the firing of Head Coach Lane Kiffin a few months ago, you might believe it was then and there. Or, you may believe it was in 2006, when he rehired Art Shell to lead the Raiders, more than 10 years removed since Shell was last a head coach. I don’t know. But the one thing I do know is that the Raiders have not been relevant in the NFL for a long, long time.


How long? Well, to put things in context, the Raiders haven’t beaten the Chargers in the ten previous meetings prior to Thursday. Make that eleven. Last Thursday, the Raiders had conceivably their best chance in some time to come away with a win against the Chargers. On paper, it should have been a fairly even affair featuring two teams with decidedly losing records, but from the opening kickoff it became quickly apparent that the Raiders were overmatched. The Chargers thoroughly kicked the Raiders’ butts, 34 – 7.


The NFL is no country for old men…or old cheerleaders for that matter. Let’s see for ourselves with this week’s coverage of the Charger Girls, young hotties one and all.


Charger Girls

Charger Girls

Charger Girls


Okay, you know the drill by now. This is where we recognize the Line Captains for all their hard work and dedication. Here are Constance, Katrina, Rebecca, and Summer.


Charger Girls

Charger Girls

Charger Girls

Charger Girls


This week’s Charger Girl of the Day is in her third season and was featured in the 2008 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition, introducing…Marlina.


Charger Girls


Marlina has something in common with Captains Constance and Katrina. They are this year’s candidates for Charger Girl of the Year. You can vote for your favorite here.


Now, I usually head out to the Bud Light Power Party to meet some of the Charger Girls and ask them to sign a few photographs or a calendar for James, our fearless publisher. However, I really use the opportunity to chat them up and get a few interesting tidbits for the blog…nothing too personal or revealing, just something to provide a bit of insight into these beautiful and talented girls.


For example, Jenny, a proud UC Irvine Anteater, tells me that they have a really good volleyball team this year. Jenny’s a student majoring in Biological Sciences and Education.


Charger Girls


Or the fact that Kylette drove from New Mexico to San Diego, a 13 hour drive, two days before tryouts without knowing one soul from San Diego. Now, that’s pretty gutsy, considering there are a lot of weirdoes in California…most of them behind a camera…taking photos of…never mind.


Charger Girls


Or that resident blonde bombshell Jacquelyn, one of TWO former USC Song Girls on this squad, doesn’t have tickets to the big game this Saturday between USC and UCLA. What a shame, I would give her mine, but I am bit of a masochist. Now some of you might remember that I am a UCLA alumnus with two undergraduate degrees. I have to say that Jacquelyn is so sweet and charming, that she almost makes me want to root for the Trojans…almost!


Charger Girls

Charger Girls


I will say this, as long as Jacquelyn is on the sidelines, I’ll cheer for the Chargers. And I hope that’s for many more seasons to come.


So, how about of a photograph of last week’s CGOTD, Ashley M. who is sporting a new look, double taped knees. I don’t know, but I’m not so sure that this look will ever replace the leg warmer craze of a few years back…okay maybe that was the ‘80's…ugh, I’m feeling old again.


Charger Girls


Okay, let’s get back on track and show some more photos of our beloved Charger Girl hotties. Here are a few pics of Vanesa, Michelle, Jill Ann, Ashlie, and a sizzler of Gail.


Charger Girls

Charger Girls

Charger Girls

Charger Girls

Charger Girls


And speaking of sizzling Charger Girls, here’s Kortney, Tonya, Kiirsta, Lindsay, and Nicole L.


Charger Girls

Charger Girls

Charger Girls

Charger Girls

Charger Girls


Here are a couple photos of Breann, Heather and Jennifer, three Charger Girls who always look great in front of the camera.


Charger Girls

Charger Girls

Charger Girls


They say that even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Let me explain. I don’t crop my photos, which means that what you see here is what I shot in camera. And I like shooting tight, which means that sometimes you have to get a little lucky trying to follow the fast movements of the Charger Girls. Fortune must have smiled upon me in this circumstance because I got a couple of nice, tight shots of Summer showing off those mesmerizing blue eyes.


Charger Girls

Charger Girls


Yeah, she’s also got a wicked smile, a smile that would melt a snowman. I guess you can see why she’s one of my favorite Charger Girls to photograph. Yes, I know I say that pretty much every week.


And let’s finish this week’s coverage with a photograph of the Charger Girls during their quarter break performance.


Charger Girls


I have long believed that being an NFL Cheerleader is a young girl’s game. Is it because they have to be young and beautiful? No. I realize that being an NFL Cheerleader is so much more than just showing up on game day. And as we get older and more established in our careers, it’s much more difficult finding the time to balance work, life and professional cheerleading. I understand that.


Sometimes the game passes us by and we are no longer able to perform at a high level or make the same level of commitment. Yes, the NFL is no country for old men and in some circumstances, for women too. Nothing lasts forever.


Happy Holidays, Charger Girl fans!

Labels: ,