Thursday, December 04, 2008

Charger Girls Q&A: Vanesa 

Posted by David Allen Tyau at 1:00 PM ET

By Spencer Breecker
Chargers Tailgate Times

Who is your favorite Chargers player and why?

My favorite player for the last eight years in LaDainian Tomlinson. Not only is he an amazing athlete on the field, but he keeps his integrity off the field as well.

Charger Girls

As a first year Charger Girl, what is your favorite part of being on this team?

My favorite part about being a member of this Charger Girl team is truly the friendships I have made. I love performing and I enjoy all the charity events we participate in, the games as well as promotional appearances that we get to attend. I feel blessed and honored to be a part of such a prestigious organization.

What is your favorite thing about Thanksgiving dinner?

My favorite thing about Thanksgiving is gathering together with my entire family. I enjoy watching football in the morning, helping my mom and grandma prepare the food and eating a great meal. Then after dinner we all get together to watch movies.

Charger Girls

What is you advice for young women?

My advice to women is to always have confidence in yourself and never give up on your dreams and ambitions. It is important for women to know who they are and to believe in themselves. If for some reason you fall and don't achieve your goals the first time, get back up and try again because in the end it is worth it.

What is it like being the first college graduate of your family?

It is amazing but I could not have done it without my family. They motivate me to do my very best and go after my dreams. I can honestly say that my graduation was one the best days of my life and I am happy to start my career.

What are your plans after you Charger Girl career?

After Charger Girls, I plan on obtaining my Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction and still teaching. Down the road, I would like to teach high school mathematics and maybe become a counselor.

Charger Girls

What is the best part about performing for Charger fans in your hometown of San Diego?

This is my hometown and no I get to perform in front of thousand of fans, including my family. Words can't describe the feeling. It is a huge rush when you get out on that field.

Vanesa at Chargers.com

Labels: ,