<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 24, 2008

Jets Flight Crew Diary: Justine 

Posted by Sasha at 7:44 PM ET

Justine: Dancing, Learning ... and Voting
New York Jets
October 21, 2008
[Justine Photos]

ach week we'll feature a blog by a different member of the New York Jets Flight Crew. This week's guest Flight Crew blogger: Justine.

Hey, Jets fans, it's Justine from the Flight Crew! I can't begin to tell you how relieved I am that this past extremely hectic week has ended. Between mid-terms all week and traveling from school to practice in Florham Park, N.J., I was exhausted.

It was so exciting to visit and dance at the new Atlantic Health Jets Training Center. It's absolutely gigantic and just so state of the art! My teammates and I got to practice on a full indoor field, something we don't usually get to do during the week. By the second practice we couldn't help but feel at home!

Another week has gone by, which brings us closer to Nov. 4, this year's presidential election. I am 18, the youngest member of the Flight Crew, and finally eligible to vote!!! Now I'm not going to tell you who I am voting for, but I can't stress enough how important it is for my generation to vote and be educated on the candidates and who you choose to vote for.

We all live busy lives (myself included) but it is a necessity to take ten minutes and watch some highlights from the debate or discuss it with your friends and family. In between running from school to work to practice, I always make time to catch a clip from the news.

I personally make my decision by reading and watching as much about the candidates as I can. I talk about the election with my peers and parents (who do have a little influence on me because they brought me up to have the same value system as them) and I try to listen to all sides and opinions and take everything in so I can formulate my own opinion.

Not to be cliché but every vote does count! But don't just vote to vote. Make your own opinion! Find out who you want to vote for and let your voice be heard Nov. 4!

And remember, we have another big home game on Sunday. Get in your seats early and make a lot of noise!

Labels: , ,