Sunday, November 23, 2008

Jets Flight Crew Diary; Jen 

Posted by Sasha at 7:48 PM ET

JEN: Never Give Up on Your Dreams
New York Jets
October 11, 2008
[Jen Photos

Hey, Jets fans! I’m so excited it’s finally football season! It’s hard to believe the Flight Crew auditions were back in May and here I am for a third season and approaching our third home game this Sunday!

People often ask me how I do it … how I manage my time with such a busy life. I’m working a full-time job as a receptionist for an orthodontics office, I am a part of an incredible organization dancing as a New York Jets Flight Crew member, and this summer I was planning my wedding (which was this past July).

Well, now that the wedding is over and I’m happily married, time management is in full effect. I work every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and every other Saturday at the orthodontics office before heading off to rehearsals for the Flight Crew every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night, nearly an hour away from my home (not to mention a Jets promo, here and there).

So when do I get to spend any time with that new husband of mine? Well, that’s where the word “support” comes into play. The support that my loving husband provides is what gets me through the most challenging days of my busy life.

Every morning I wake up to an inspirational note written by him on a little chalkboard we have on our kitchen refrigerator. It always helps to keep me going and strive for what I would like to achieve. He even recently mailed a letter to our home addressed to me, to just let me know how much he appreciates life with me.

When you have a busy life and want to keep your marriage healthy, my advice is to always support one another and never give up on your dreams. He always tells me that "what you hold in your mind you can hold in your hand,” and I guess I am living proof because I am now doing what I love to do.

No matter how crazy life may be right now, I know that the feeling I get when I step out onto the field for the Jets game reminds me why I keep doing it! It’s such a rush of adrenaline and it sends goosebumps down my arms knowing that we also have so much love and support from all you Jets fans! Can’t wait for that feeling this Sunday! See you at the game!

J-E-T-S! Jets! Jets! Jets!

Labels: , ,