Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Jets Flight Crew Diary: Anne Marie 

Posted by Sasha at 7:36 PM ET

Anne-Marie: Keeping Your Holiday Focus
New York Jets
November 4, 2008
[Anne Marie Photos]

Hey, Jets fans! It’s your Flight Crew member, Anne-Marie!

This season is flying by so quickly, and the holidays are quickly approaching! With Thanksgiving almost here, there is a lot to be thankful for. I am grateful for my husband, family, friends, and especially being a part of the wonderful Jets organization. I have made friendships and memories that will last a lifetime, and I’m getting to live my dream of performing!

I always look forward to a delicious home-cooked meal with my family for the holidays. My favorite food is the sweet potatoes with marshmallows that my mom makes. Even with being surrounded by delicious foods and sweets (I love sweets!) I still need to have willpower not to overindulge, and work out a little more to burn off all the extra calories!

Since joining the Jets Flight Crew and going through a 12-week training camp, my level of physical fitness has been taken to a whole new level. I typically run two miles every morning and I dance about nine hours a week. I’ve lost a lot of weight and have so much more energy!

A lot of the girls on the team turn to me for tips on eating healthy and workout tips. So I thought I would share some tips for staying in shape this holiday season!

1. Fill your plate with salad and veggies first, along with a serving of protein. Try not to load up on too much stuffing. (I know, I know!)

2. If you want to go for seconds, only give yourself one small serving of that food instead of heaping spoonfuls.

3. Try to get in a walk or run in the morning (it will boost your metabolism) if you know you will be indulging later in the day!

4. If you are watching TV during the day, do crunches or lunges during the commercial breaks. It adds up. Every little bit helps!

5. If you have a lot of leftovers, be generous and give it to your family to take home. It’s less for you to pick on the rest of the week.

6. Remember to enjoy yourself — it is the holidays! If you decide to indulge in that extra piece of chocolate layer cake, be sure to get back on track eating healthy the following day!

Happy Thanksgiving!


Labels: , ,