Sunday, October 26, 2008

Hockey Blog - Nashville Predators 

Posted by Sasha at 9:47 AM ET

Predators Dancers & Goal Girls 2008-09 Season Blog
Oct 24, 2008
The Predators Dancers and Goal Girls will be sharing their views of the game in this new blog. To learn more about the Predators Dancers or Goal Girls, check out their pages on NashvillePredators.com: Predators Dancers or Goal Girls.

October 11
Opening night was such an amazing experience! I have never seen so many dedicated fans at a sporting event! I am a rookie on the Dance Team this year, so this was my first big game.

We started out the evening with a pre-game performance in front of the Sommet Center. We also had time to mingle with the fans and take a few pictures. After that, we went inside to get ready to go on the ice for player introductions. I was terrified to walk out on the ice because our boots are very slippery! I was very thankful that none of us fell.

Throughout the evening we danced, cheered with the crowd and promoted our sponsors. I had a great time with the t-shirt toss. Everybody better watch out when I am throwing shirts because I am a sucker for cute little kids! My favorite part of the night was when a little girl ran up to me and gave me a huge hug. She said, "I want to be just like you when I grow up!". I am proud to be a part of a team with so much support. This is going to be a very exciting season!

Nashville Predators Dancer

October 23
As a rookie, Thursday,Oct 23rd was just my third game dancing for the Nashville Predators. The game started at 7 pm but all of the dancers had to be at the Sommet Center at 4:30, so we could prepare for the game. We have to be up in the arena entrance to greet fans when the arena's doors open at 6 pm, so we have an hour and half to practice our routines, meet with Preds staff, get ready, and bond as a team. As much fun as that is, I have to say my favorite part has to be greeting the fans at the doors. We find ourselves getting to know them on a personal level. There is nothing better than seeing a fan that is not only excited about the game but excited about seeing you as well. We get to spend around 30 minutes talking with fans before we have to head back downstairs to be introduced on the ice.

After all of the pregame festivities are wrapped up its officially gametime. As we stood there in the stands cheering on our favorite hockey team, I couldn’t help but anticipate the blowing of the horn and dancing to my favorite song “I like it I love it I want some more of it.” After dancing for the 20 minute period we all headed down towards the ice to watch our Jr. Goal Girls boot scoot and boogie during the first intermission. And I have to say those little girls looked truly amazing.

In the second period before heading back into the stands, we made a quick stop at our calendar table to sign autographs for our wonderful fans, which is located outside of section 115. If you haven't seen the calendar, you really need to stop by and check it out (or buy it on-line here)

The second intermission was very entertaining for me because two fans got to take on bungy ball. I don’t know how they ever make it to the trash cans while sliding all over the ice connected to each other. But it’s very funny to watch them try over and over again.

After two and a half hours of gametime, we ended our night at the doors taking pictures with fans and wishing them a great night.

I’m really excited to see what else this season has to offer and I hope you enjoyed getting the inside scoop of what it’s like for a Predators dancer on gamedays. See you guys at the next homegame! GO PREDS!!!!

Preds Dancer

Labels: , ,