<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 27, 2008

Charger Tailgate Times:
Rookie Charger Girl Q&A: Tonya 

Posted by David Allen Tyau at 10:00 AM ET

What words of encouragement would you offer to aspiring Charger Girls and NFL Cheerleaders?

Be confident and believe in yourself. Obviously you want to be as prepared as possible, but if you lack self confidence it's going to be hard to get out in front of the crowd.

Tonya, Charger Girl

How many years of dance experience do you have?

I've been dancing the majority of my life...20-plus years.

What's your favorite cheer this year? Which song do you enjoy dancing to?


As cliché as it may seem, I would have to say when the Super Chargers song is played. It's so amazing to have a piece of tradition that we get to be a part of. Plus it means we just scored some points. Why wouldn't that be your favorite part of the game?

You strongly believe in supporting out troops and have demonstrated this be performing overseas and helping out. What is your definition of patriotism?

Patriotism is having unconditional love and pride for your country and never turning your back on these who fight for your freedom. My patriotism since becoming a widow of a Naval Air Crewman has only deepened. I have so much love and support for all service members.

What's your personal mantra?

What would you do if you had no fear?

Tonya, Charger Girl

Are you an avid football fan?

Winning my fantasy football league last year amongst seven guys was definitely due to my love of the game. I have been absorbed by football ever since I stepped onto my first field in 1990. I love being an NFL Cheerleader and I'm honored to be a Charger Girl.

[San Diego Charger Girls]

Labels: , , ,