<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Timberwolves Dance Team Tryouts 

Posted by James at 2:36 PM ET

From KAAL-TV.

Back in January, we told you the story of Jessica Vorpahl, an Austin native who realized her dream by becoming a dancer for the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Well, a new season means a new dance team. And on Monday, the team held its auditions. Vorpahl shares what it's like to try-out for a pro team, through the sights and sounds captured by photojournalist Chad Corey.

Jessica, Timberwolves Dancers

“Hi, this is Jessica Vorpahl from Austin, Minnesota, and this is the Timberwolves dance auditions.”

“I'm actually very nervous because we have a new coach and I don't really know what to expect so I'm just going to go out there, do the same thing as last year and just see how everything goes.”

“We are looking for the whole package. We want girls that are not only intelligent but that have a striking look that draw our eye when they are dancing but also that have a great personality, that can interact with the fans as well as the media,” says dance team coach Erica Lentsch.

“I danced with 14 great girls, performed in front of thousands of people, met so many fans so it was quite the experience.”

“To pump myself up, it's really just seeing the girls from the team, that really gets me going, inspired.”

“I try and eat healthy, work out, drink lots of water, practice my dance skills, that's pretty much it for the pre-audition.”

“It's like a part time job, I experienced it with school last year and now this year I'll have a full time job at Target Corporation starting in about a month so it'll be a different lifestyle.”

And this year's squad will officially be announced tomorrow on Timberwolves.com, but Vorpahl couldn't wait to tell us over the phone this evening she made the team.

Watch a video of this report here.

Labels: , ,