<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Preseason Week 3 – Seattle Seahawks @ San Diego Chargers, Part Deux 

Posted by James at 11:00 AM ET

Monday Night Mayhem

by Max


This week's San Diego Charger Girl report was shot in stereo, this should be a special treat for the readers. I was invited by Pro Cheerleader Blog San Diego correspondent David Tyau to attend this week's game, an offer I could not refuse. Actually years ago when I had first purchased Arizona Cardinals season tickets years ago, I had an idea that it might be fun to trade tickets with season ticket holders in other NFL stadiums. Who knows, maybe a trading network can be implemented with the readers of this blog! It certainly is great enjoyment to read the reports of correspondents in other NFL stadiums.

So, I am aware that David will be posting a picture of me in his report. Scary. I'm sure it goes without saying that readers prefer to see the smiling faces on the sidelines compared to the glamour shots of the photogs. Still, I suppose its also fun to know what we look like. Surprisingly, David believes that I have a slight resemblance to notorious "Girls Gone Wild" celebrity Joe Francis. I think not. I hope not. Initially a casual reader to regular AZ correspondent, this is the first time I had met anyone from the blog. David is definitely a master at what he does. It was a pleasure to sit with him, and I hope it won't be too long before we'll do it again soon. Let me know when you are free to come to Arizona Dave!

OK. Quick report from the game. Military Appreciation / Monday Night Football Preseason game was a blast. This was my first visit to the stadium where the Packers had lost Super Bowl XXXII. Despite that profound disappointment, walking into Qualcomm stadium felt like arriving in paradise. Football is meant to be played outdoors, not inside domes or retractable roof stadiums. Boo. Broadcast on national TV, the climax of the game was late in the 4th quarter when the home team San Diego Super Chargers scored a late touchdown with a game-winning 2-point conversion for a dramatic 18-17 come-from-behind victory. Most of the sold out crowd remained to enjoy the moment. In every introduction, the PA announcer would call the Charger Girls the hottest dance team in the NFL, and it's hard to disagree!

PS - Arizona Cardinals Cheerleaders fear not, your fearless reporter will be submitting a second report this week after Fridays game.


Charger Girls
USA #1. Old Glory displayed in grand fashion. Thank You US Military for your sacrifice and everything you do.


Charger Girls
Heather is a perfect example of why we love NFL cheerleaders. Big Hair. Radiant Smile. Indomitable Spirit.


Charger Girls
Even though exhibition games count nothing in the standings, Marlina constantly urged fans to stand up and cheer.


Charger Girls
The roar of Summer. When the Pro Bowl Captain wants attention, everyone takes notice.


Charger Girls
Kylette rolls her golden poms during a timeout. This second year Charger Girl could be a model for magazine FHM.


Charger Girls
Michelle models the classic Charger Girl uniform. Anything with that powder blue color gets my vote for best ever.


Charger Girls
Giselle encourages the De-Fense to hold on a third down. Unfortunately, no crowd noise was stopping the Seahawks.


Charger Girls
Rookie Lindsay has an exotic Pacific Islands look. If it were up to me, I'd send her to Honolulu next year February.


Charger Girls
Rookie Jennifer has the All-American Dream Girl look. If it were up to me, I'd name her Charger Girl of the week.


Charger Girls
Show Me Your Lightning Bolt!! Line Captain Rebecca flashes an AFC Western Division Champion smile.


[San Diego Charger Girls]

Labels: ,