Monday, August 25, 2008
HOUSTON, Texas – The Park Shops at Houston Center were overrun Saturday by 30 people in hopes of joining the 2008-09 Aero Dynamics. The club held their annual tryout in “The Hangar”, the team’s merchandise store, in downtown Houston. Many applied and 12 left with a spot on the roster, joining the six returning members, including Captain Tammy Norris.
A panel of judges, including Captain Tammy, saw each of the applicants perform their own one-minute routine in the morning session. For the afternoon session, the performers learned a choreographed group routine in the last part of the tryouts. After intense deliberation 12 were selected by the end of the day to complete the final roster.
Gabriel Presas, Director of Game Operations stated, “Due to this season being our 15th Anniversary, we decided to go with a bigger squad. The talent level and experience these Aero Dynamics have will create a more interactive, fan friendly and successful team in Toyota Center and throughout the community.”
The new team includes:
• Christy is currently attending the University of Houston studying psychology and has danced for the Cougar Dolls for two years.
• Meghan, a Psychology and English graduate from the University of Houston who has danced all her life including captaining her college dance team.
• Jana, a Human Resources student at San Jacinto College who has been a competition cheerleader since she was eight years old.
• Kelley L., earned her Community Health degree from Texas A&M with a minor in dance and has performed for the past 20 years.
• Megan, a graduate from Sam Houston State University with a major in Dance and currently works as a dance instructor for a local studio.
• Brittany B. is currently attending the University of Houston aiming for a Business Administration degree and has years of experience in various forms of dance.
• Sara, a student at University of Houston’s College of Pharmacy, has 14 years of dance experience spanning many different forms.
• Whitney is a student at Lonestar College and has 15 years of dance experience.
• Taylor graduated from the University of Houston with a History degree and also has a Business Administration Associate Degree and has a strong passion for dance.
• Amanda is a recreation therapist in Houston after graduating from University of Southern Mississippi.
• Taryn, a Texas State University graduate who has danced throughout college and high school.
• Madeleine is a nursing student at Texas A&M – Corpus Christi. • Christy is currently attending the University of Houston in pursuit of a Psychology degree and has 12 years of dance experience.
The Aero Dynamics were introduced in October of 1998 when the Aeros wanted a fun interactive team to execute all intermission and promotion activities. That year, a co-ed team of five members were put together, and a new name and logo was created. Throughout the years this fun loving team attended community appearances and all Aeros home games. In 2003 the Aero Dynamics were revamped with the new Aeros team logo and colors to form two new teams: the Strike Force and Sonic Boom. Strike Force stayed with the same concept as the old Aero Dynamics but with an all male team, and the Sonic Boom was known for their dancing and enthusiasm. In April of 2006 the Aeros changed the logo back to the bomber and the Aero Dynamics were reborn! The Aero Dynamics have the same concept with a co-ed team but now a combination of dancing as well.
Keep checking AEROS.com for team appearances throughout the season. Come welcome the new squad on October 11 for the Aeros home opener against the defending Calder Cup Champions, the Chicago Wolves.