Thursday, July 17, 2008
The Washington Capitals are seeking energetic, outgoing people who love the game of hockey and want to perform in front of sold-out crowds at Verizon Center!
From welcoming fans as they enter the arena, to improving our community visibility, the new Washington Capitals Spirit Squad consists of people who will represent the Washington Capitals in a fun, high-spirited manner. The role for a Spirit Squad member includes but is not limited to:
- Meet and greet fans at Verizon Center entrances
- Interact with fans on the concourse
- Assist with Kids Club events, including interacting with kids
- Help set-up in-game fans contests
- Distribute prizes and giveaways
- Attend community events and viewing parties
- Tossing T-shirts
- Attend various non-game events, such as Fan Fest and the Season-Ticket Holder Party
- Appear at corporate partner events and make corporate suite visits during games
- Ability to skate is plus, but not necessary
There will be a formal audition for the Spirit Squad, which will be selected by a panel of judges. The squad will meet regularly, have an instructor and be given professionally designed uniforms. While we are looking for people with dancing ability, this is not a dance crew.
Members of the squad will be paid for their work at games and non-game-related events.
- 18 years of age or older
- In great physical condition
- Able to commit to a minimum of 20 home games
- Outgoing and comfortable performing in front of crowds
- Must live in DC metro area and have reliable means of transportation
- High school graduate
- Love the Capitals!
What We Are Looking For:
- Energetic and outgoing personality
- Poised and professional
- Dance/skating ability
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work with a team
- Commitment to the job
- Communication skills
Complete audition information here.