<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ironmen's Amanda Grace Becomes Knicks City Dancer 

Posted by James at 9:32 AM ET

From NJIronmen.com
Amanda GraceFollowing a grueling selection process over the past few days, 2007-08 New Jersey Ironmen Dance Teamer Amanda Grace is still processing the reality that she will be stepping onto the big stage at Madison Square Garden this year as one of the newest additions to the Knicks City Dancers, the official dance team of the New York Knicks of the National Basketball Association. When it comes to being a dancer in the world of professional sports, it does not get much bigger than the dance team of New York’s basketball team.

“When they said my name, it was an absolutely surreal moment, and I started crying hysterically,” a still-buzzing Amanda Grace stated about the moment she heard her name announced, solidifying her spot on the Knicks City Dancers roster. “I have wanted this for so many years, and it was incredible to finally hear them say my name.”

The tryouts for the Knicks City Dancers were a two-day process that started with numbers estimated as high as 500 hopefuls. The first cut knocked that number down to around 150, and the participants learned a short routine that was performed in groups of four in front of the judging panel. The 25 finalists were selected after that round, and interviews were conducted of those remaining. This concluded a busy first night, and the finalists returned the next day to battle against the current Knicks City Dancers. From those 25 trialists, five were chosen with Amanda Grace getting the nod to the exclusive 17 member dance team.

While Amanda Grace is sad to see an end come to her time on the Ironmen Dance Team, she was overtly thankful for the experiences she had this past season.

“I have tried out for the Knicks City Dancers for the past four years, and they told me that they wanted to see me gain some dance team experience,” she noted. “I owe a lot to the Ironmen because they gave me the experience and extra edge that I needed. I will always have a special place in my heart for the Ironmen because I owe them so much. I will always be so grateful.”

With the second season for the New Jersey Ironmen upcoming, Dance Team Director Jackie Ritchie is looking to schedule tryouts for the 2008-09 Ironmen Dance Team in early September. Stay tuned to the Ironmen website at NJIronmen.com for all updates regarding tryouts.

[New Jersey Ironmen Dance Team]

Labels: , , ,