Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Help Pick the Final Texans Cheerleader 

Posted by James at 8:05 AM ET

From television station KTRK:
Meet three finalists who all want to be on the Houston Texans Cheerleader squad. The problem is, only one spot is open! Now the only thing standing between them and their dream is your vote.

JenniferJennifer, an alumni of Tulane University and founder of "Starlette Cheerleading & Dance", is the newly titled "Miss Texas United States 2008"and will proudly represent Houston Texas in the "Miss United States" Pageant in Las Vegas this summer (in July of 2008).

Jennifer was a member of the cheerleading squad at Tulane University and has cheered and danced since the age of 5.

Currently, Jennifer is a recruiter and enrichment teacher in Houston as well as an active role model, mentor and volunteer. She is the founder and director of the "Starlette Cheerleading & Dance Youth Program" which she founded as a teen in February of 2001 through her love for working with the youth and passion for the art of dance. Jennifer loves dancing, traveling, songwriting, mentoring and volunteering. In addition to being an active role model in her community, Jennifer volunteers at a local youth center in Houston where she teaches year round enrichment and specialty classes. Other interests of hers include: writing, modeling, acting, music and fashion.

KristaHey, I'm Krista and am 21 years old.

I have an associates in biology and I'm currently going to school to become a pediatric oncology nurse. I am also working full time as an accounting assistant.

I have done competitive cheerleading for nine years and drill team for my high school for three. Other than cheering and dancing, I love getting together with friends and watching UFC and of course Houston Texans football games! On the weekends I like to relax and take naps and catch up on gossip magazines. I enjoy getting to see my family, especially when my brother is home on leave from the Marines.

It has always been a dream of mine to be part of a professional cheerleading team and I would be honored to be your next Houston Texans cheerleader!

KellieHello! My name is Kelli, thanks so much for stopping by my profile! I am 20 years old, I grew up in Willis Texas, but I currently live in Houston. I have an amazing job as a marketer for a major mexican restaurant corporation. I get to work daily with non-profit organizations, such as local school districts, YMCA's in the Greater Houston area. I also have the pleasure of working on projects that benefit charity organizations such as the Muscular Dystrophy Association, the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and more.

When I began to pursue dance as a teenager, I quickly realized that I had found the first thing in my life that I was truly passionate about. To me, there is no greater feeling than performing in front of an audience, preferably one that is cheering along with you! I would be so incredibly proud to be a Texans Cheerleader. This is one of the most amazing opportunities that I have ever had, and I feel so blessed to have come this far!

On a different note- I am hungry 24/7, I love to eat! One of my favorite things to eat is a burrito bowl from Mission Burrito! I like cheese and avocado on everything, mainly because mexican food is about 75% of my food intake. My favorite candy bar is Snickers; I also like Snickers Ice Cream, Snickers Cookies, Deep Fried Snickers (YES they really do exist!), can you tell I'm just a little Snickers-crazy? I will never pass up an opportunity to be in the sun; I love to have my hair played with; I hug everybody even if I've only met you once.

I am in a dodgeball league, in which I play every Sunday. It's such a fun sport with a laid back atmosphere, where my friends and I can be goofy, and pretend like we know what we are doing! I have the most amazing friends and family, that I can depend on, and that make me feel comfortable to be my wacky self 24/7. I have the cutest Teacup Chihuahua on the planet! Her name is J-Lo, because she is 100% DIVA. I really couldn't ask for anything more, but I gotta tell ya, being a Texans Cheerleader would definitely put the icing on the cake!

I hope you enjoyed getting to know me.. I would like to extend a 'Thank You in Advance' for voting for me!

"Life is rather like a tin of sardines - we're all of us looking for the key." - Alan Bennett

Even more at KTRK's Texans Cheerleader Blog.

Hurry voting ends this Friday afternoon.

Labels: , ,