<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 04, 2008

A Special Then and Now:
Charger Girl Director Lisa Simmons 

Posted by David Allen Tyau at 2:15 PM ET

I’ve been a going to Charger games for a long, long time. Perhaps, too long. I remember the memorable plays, the memorable games, and, of course, the memorable Charger Girls. All of them are beautiful and talented, but some Charger Girls have that something extra, that special quality that makes them stand out. Perhaps it’s a love of dance or the pursuit of perfection, but there’s always something special about the ones that stand out.


What I remember about Lisa Simmons is her enthusiastic smile, precise dance routines and razor sharp kicks. That attention to detail made her stand out. As a Line Captain, those qualities were much in evidence. And I imagine that attending to the details was the one of the reasons for her selection as Charger Girl Director.


So, as another Charger Girl audition is about to begin, let us take a look at Charger Girl Director Lisa Simmons, then and now.


2003



Lisa Simmons


Lisa Simmons

Note the guy in the background in the photo above!


Lisa Simmons


Lisa Simmons


2004


Lisa Simmons


Lisa Simmons


Lisa Simmons


Lisa Simmons



2007 to Present



Lisa Simmons


Lisa Simmons


Now, I hope I haven’t irreparably damaged my chances to photograph a future Charger Girl audition or interview Lisa Simmons for this blog by posting photographs of her in her former life as a Charger Girl. But, I think we can see why she stood out and why the Charger Girls are what they are today…an unqualified success. Sometimes it’s all about the details.


A Personal Note


And while we are on the subject of special Charger Girls, I recently became aware that one of my favorite Charger Girls, Ashley W. has decided to retire after four years gracing the sidelines.


Ashley W


To Ashley W. and any other CGs retiring from the squad, thanks for the memories and good luck in your future endeavors!

Labels: , ,