Thursday, March 06, 2008

NLL Girl of the Week - Anne 

Posted by Sasha at 6:06 PM ET

Drill Crew veteran serves as Kindergarten teacher by day

Anne, a six-year veteran of the Calgary Roughnecks' Drill Crew, may call herself the old lady of the team, but she's not ready to hang up her dancing shoes just yet. The Calgary native, who has been dancing at Pengrowth Saddledome for Roughnecks games since 2003, teaches kindergarden in Calgary during the week.

"The games are so much fun," said Anne. "I love to dance and I love to perform. It's a really great atmosphere and the game itself is so action packed. I'm not ready to give it up yet."

Anne, who was a competitive rhythmic gymnast growing up, continued to take dance classes and coached gymnastics through college, attending University of Calgary. Anne initially studied to become a physiotherapist before she decided to go into teaching. She attained another degree for Early Childhood Education, and the rest is history.

"I adore children and I love my job," she added. "I never wanted to be a teacher, but I was always teaching when I was coaching rhythmics. I just never really thought about it too much."

Anne has a number of hobbies that keep her active; she takes yoga classes every week, skis often, and breaks a sweat playing Guitar Hero.

Labels: , ,