<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 31, 2008

Greetings from Clipper-ville! 

Posted by Sasha at 6:29 AM ET

No offense, but I bet my weekend was way more fun than yours.

Those of you who’ve been hanging around with us for a while might remember my field trip to last year's Los Angeles Clippers Spirit Dance Team auditions. For someone like myself, who is fascinated by the inner workings of things that are absolutely none of my business, that was a whole new experience in cool. I walked out of there fully intending to get some red, white and blue face paint, a copy of the team's rehearsal and appearance schedules, and a couple hundred batteries for my digital camera. You see, I had plans for the season. BIG plans. But then I thought better of it. Perhaps it would be wise to lay low for a little while – long enough for the dancers and Chief Chick-In-Charge Jessie Christensen to forget how I was all up in their business.

As it turns out, my evil plan worked like a charm. When when Jessie told me she had a couple extra tickets to the Clippers game and I could probably get a tour of the Staples Center or something, I played it totally cool. I was all “Yeah, whatever. I mean, I’m incredibly busy, but I could prolly squeeze that in. Let me check my schedule." (Mwhahahahahaha…how soon they forget.)

Rather than subject you to the usual stream-of-consciousness, unnecessarily long, minute-by-minute retelling of events that for some reason interests no one other than myself, I will leave you with the photos and say only this: ohmigawditwassoooofun. AND the Clippers won. Bonus!

(Also, Chris Kaman is the tallest human being I’ve ever seen in real life. Now there’s a kid who ate his Wheaties.)


Here we are at the employee entrance to the Staples Center. What you don't see is the screaming horde of pre-schoolers thundering across the street to The Wiggles concert.


I gots credentials, yo.


First stop: the locker room, where the gang was rehearsing.


You would not believe the amount of stuff these girls have to bring on game day. (And this doesn't even include the sparkly stuff and other girly accoutrements.) You should've seen the size of that rolly bag. This photo doesn't do it justice. I bet you could fit a full grown human being in there. (*cough*WhitneyNotThatIWouldKnow*cough*)


Then it was time to head out to the court where the basketball team was warming up. (Cue the organized chaos.)


First item of business: a quick meeting with Jessie...



...then a run-thru of the night's dances.











I'm going to regret posting this, I know it, but that's a few of mah girlz. (The sore thumb in the middle? That would be moi. Look away! Look away!)


Meanwhile, there's all sorts of other activities going on. Not the least of which was the Jr. Jam Squad rehearsal...


And the National Anthem soundcheck



The Clippers Fan Patrol were also practicing on the court. Let me tell you something: stunting looks so cool when you're far away. But up close, it scared the crap outta me.


A fearless double cupie.


A trio of heel stretches.
(Please - if you value the use of all four limbs - do not try this at home.)


Ok, well. I'm pretty much in awe of the Fan Patrol.
Unlike them, I fear death.




I'm going to leave you on that note for now. The game hadn't even started yet, y'all, so there is much more to come. Stay tuned...

Labels: ,