Sunday, February 10, 2008

Raiderette Pro Bowl Blog - part 1 

Posted by Sasha at 3:24 PM ET

Jennifer G.'s 2008 Pro Bowl Blog
February 4, 2008

Aloha Raider Fans!

It's Jennifer G. with the Raiderettes. I'm thrilled, and, of course, honored to represent the Silver and Black at this year's Pro Bowl. Over the course of the next week I will be updating you on my experiences in Hawaii.

Day 1

Today, I was very fortunate to represent the Pro Bowl Cheerleaders at the official 2008 Pro Bowl press conference.

Local media were in attendance at the event. I was joined by the president of E2K Entertainment, Michael Olmstead, San Diego Chargers player Kassim Osgood, and the mayor of Waikiki.

We began the press conference with introductions about ourselves and what the fans should expect from this year’s pro bowl. Since the cheerleaders commonly perform during the pre-game show, I was very excited to hear that we were going to perform in both the pre-game and halftime shows. The president of E2K Entertainment also announced to the media that this year's halftime show would be very unique and different from the rest. Kelly Rowland and Lifehouse were also announced as the celebrity performers.

I have to admit I was a bit nervous going into a real press conference like this, but as soon as I stepped into the room my nerves dissipated and my confidence as a Raiderette and Pro Bowl representative took over.

Throughout the press conference, I was asked several questions about the Pro Bowl cheerleaders' schedule and my life as a student at UCSB. I mentioned the upcoming events that we would be attending and how I was looking forward to visiting the children at Shriner's Hospital. I also mentioned how I was looking forward to watching the Super Bowl at Pearl Harbor with the troops and their families.

I was even asked for my prediction on the Super Bowl, I jokingly replied, "Well... I was told that I was not allowed to answer that question." For a second, I wasn't sure how they were going to react to my answer, but when the room filled with laughter I knew I was all right. A gentleman even stood up over the sea of cameras and yelled, "good answer!"

As soon as they concluded the press conference, the media came to each one of us for personal interviews.

It was so surreal standing against the official back drop of the NFL representing the Pro Bowl Cheerleaders. What a way to start off my week. I can't wait to see what else is in store for the cheerleaders and I in the coming week! Until next time...Go Raiders!

Labels: , , ,