<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Pats cheerleader 'Super' excited 

Posted by Sasha at 6:59 PM ET

By Debra Glidden
The Daily Item
January 23, 2008

SWAMPSCOTT - As the undefeated New England Patriots head to their fourth Super Bowl in seven years, one Swampscott woman is preparing for her Super Bowl debut with the Pats.

Danielle Lannon said performing at a Super Bowl is something she hadn't even dreamed about a year ago.

"It's unbelievable," she said. "This whole year has been a whirlwind. I've been a part of history this whole season. I don't even think it's sunk in yet. It's like a dream. All my friends are totally jealous."

Lannon, who has never attended a Super Bowl game, said, "It's going to be great."

"It's better than anything I could have dreamed of," she said. "I have watched the Super Bowl on television every year since I was a kid and never dreamed I would be going. It's such a huge thing. I always watched the cheerleaders during the halftime show and can't believe I'm one of the cheerleaders."

Lannon, a 2005 graduate of Swampscott High School, said she grew up watching football every Sunday with her family in their Swampscott home and is a huge football fan. She said her parents, who still live in Swampscott, would be holding a Super Bowl party and watching the game on television.
*
"They're very excited," she said. "They're also excited about the blog I'm writing for the paper (Lannon's reports will begin Friday, Feb. 1 in the print edition of The Daily Item and at Itemlive.com) because they'll get to read about what I'm doing."

Lannon said she hasn't found out the logistics of the trip and performance schedule, but the next couple of weeks are crammed with practices.

"I'm having the time of my life," she said. "I'm just enjoying every minute of this even though it all seems so unreal."

Lannon competed in the first round of tryouts for a spot on the team against 300 other girls. She said she was a member of the Swampscott High School dance team, but had never picked up pompoms.

Lannon started taking dancing lessons at the age of three at Leanne Leslie's School of Dance in Lynn and she said she loves being in front of an audience.

Lannon is also an accomplished figure skater and assists with teaching skating classes in Peabody. She is a student at Salem State College where she is majoring in sports, fitness & leisure studies.

When she's not in school, working or cheering on the Patriots, Lannon, who lives at home with her parents and two younger siblings, said she enjoys cooking and shopping, especially on Newbury Street in Boston and at the Copley Mall.

Lannon said tryouts for the next season get underway in March and she would try out for the squad again.

Labels: , ,