Monday, January 14, 2008

Michelle's Celtics Dancer Diary 

Posted by Sasha at 6:03 PM ET

January 7, 2008 - Team Photo: Behind the Scenes
Boston Celtics

After a hectic Friday at the office, I ran out the door to go overload on makeup and hair spray. No, it wasn't a game night; rather, I was off to our group photo shoot.

In addition to my usual schedule, the few weeks before the photo shoot looked a little like this: making salon appointments, tanning, a few extra crunches and a few less hamburgers. In the end, though, all I could hope for was a good hair day and one click of the camera where no eyes were closed.

Of those hopes, I managed one out of two. My hair and I were at a standoff -- it was doing this funky flip in the back that made me feel like Alfalfa from The Little Rascals. Luckily the final picture is taken from above and I don't think it's too noticeable. At least all of our eyes are open.

After the photo shoot, I realized that all of that preparation had come down to one 30-minute series of pictures, and there was no more that I could do to control the outcome. Then it became a waiting game. Will the picture come out well? Will it be well-received? Will I spend hours nitpicking the look on my face and the way I'm standing? Hopefully the first two questions can be answered with a "yes," and as for the last one -- well, I'm a girl, it's in my nature to nitpick.

Now that it is all said and done, you be the judge. Take a look behind the scenes with me at the photo shoot in this exclusive video, and then download our new team wallpaper for the 2007-08 Celtics Dancers!

Labels: , ,