Monday, December 17, 2007

Utah Jazz Dancer Diaries - 4 

Posted by Sasha at 9:49 PM ET

Utah Jazz: Ever wonder what it's like to be a Jazz Dancer? Get an inside look at the life and times of Arial and Jocelyn in our exclusive Jazz Dancer Diaries.

Read about the challenges they face, the successes they have and how exciting it is to be front and center on the EnergySolutions Arena floor. You will also see exclusive videos and photos.

Arial's Diary: Entry 3

Monday, Nov 26

Happy Thanksgiving Jazz Fans!!!!

I hope you all had a great holiday and ate lots and lots of Turkey. Gobble, Gobble!

This week was pretty relaxing. I always love having a holiday, but who doesn’t.
Our practices were great and a little shorter on Tuesday and then with Thanksgiving, we didn’t have it on Thursday. But being the holiday feast it was, I tried to watch that I didn’t eat too much because of the Jazz game on Friday. I don’t think I succeeded very well! But I did try to jog some of it off! I ate way more than I should’ve and I tried covering it up at the game. Ha Ha …… at least most of our costumes for that day covered our bellies.

The game was so much fun on Friday. It’s even more fun when we are able to do a half time performance and then pass out fun things to the best fans in the world! Being dancers and not baseball players, sometimes we can’t throw things as far as we hope, but we try! Jocelyn and I got to take many pictures with the fans before the game (be sure to check out the “fan zone” on the website for your photos!). There are so many great Jazz fans that come to the games. So many were really excited to be the game, and some were really excited to take pictures with us. Some of the fans are great jokers, but some don’t pay much attention to us so I’ll try some tricks to get their attention and say hello. The Jazz Dancers aren’t so bad and we love to mingle with the fans.

After Fridays game I had one more great thing to look forward to this weekend and that was the BYU vs. UTAH game! Boy I was so nervous for our team, and I was lucky enough to go to the game and experience all that excitement. I do have to say I was extremely sad over the outcome but Utah was AWESOME and still number one. It was so fun to be there and cheer on our teams.

I hope all of you are looking forward to Christmas! I sure am, it’s always been one of my favorite holidays. I encourage you all to get in the Christmas spirit as early as possible and give as much as you can especially to those in need. I look forward to a great week and seeing you all at the next game. And, if you see us Jazz girls, remember to say hello!


Labels: , ,