Monday, December 24, 2007

Q&A: Charger Girl Alicia 

Posted by James at 9:41 PM ET

The Charger Tailgate Times

Third Season
Hometown: Morgan Hills, CA
College: UCLA, English and Education

How did you become a Charger Girl?

"I actually became a Charger Girl because one of my friends from Northern California came out here with me and convinced me to try out. I made the team and I love it. I wouldn't give it up for anything."

Alicia, Charger Girl

What is one interesting thing about you that most people probably do not know?

"I commute from Los Angeles to San Diego all of the time because I still live in L.A. I travel down for all the games and rehearsals. I'm on the road a lot!"

Who do you feel are your biggest role models and why?

I'd say my parents are my biggest role models. They are there for me any time through thick and thin. Anytime I need something, I know I can depend on them."

Alicia, Charger Girl

When it's all said and done, how do you want people to remember you?

"When people remember me, I really would just like them to smile. I like to shed more light than dark on any situation. The girls kind of think of me as a jokester on the team. I hope they can think about me with a smile and remember me as funny."

If you weren't a Charger Girl what would you be doing?

"I'd probably be teaching or in school getting my masters to teach."

What are a couple of your hobbies?

"I really enjoy vacationing, beat-boxing, snowboarding and swimming with dolphins."

When are you the happiest?

"When I'm on a beach with white sand, warm weather and clear water."

Who are a couple of your favorite musicians?

"Carrie Underwood and Randy Travis."

Alicia, Charger Girl

What are some inspiring words that you could provide for the youth?

"Don't take no for an answer and keep going for you want, especially if you know it's in the right direction."

What's your favorite thing about being a Charger Girl?

"My favorite thing about being a Charger Girl is the relationships that I've built with the girls on the team as well as the overall positive interaction with the people that I work with everyday."

Labels: ,