Monday, December 03, 2007

Charger Tailgate Times:
Q&A with Rookie Charger Girl Jill Ann 

Posted by David Allen Tyau at 7:18 AM ET

Years on Team: 1st Year
Hometown: Mesquite, Texas
College: Long Beach State
Degree: Fine Arts & Dance

Jill-Ann, San Diego Charger Girl

What are a couple of the most enjoyable experiences you've had in your first season as a Charger Girl?

"Game days are the best, but there have been a lot of other things that I've really enjoyed. I did a Deal or No Deal promo and that was incredible, such an amazing experience. The number one was shooting for the Charger Girls Calendar cover. That tops it all."

How do you like to spend your time off of the field?

"I'm currently putting up my own Pilates studio with a partner. That itself is taking up so much of my time. I just finished closing my business in Palos Verdes. I just moved to a new home and new location in Laguna Beach. What I'm doing in my off time is trying to keep sane, work out and eat healthy and keep in tough with my friends and family, which is very important."

If you weren't a Charger Girl what would you be doing?

"There are other dance performance groups that I would like to be a part of, but being on an NFL dance team has been a dream of mine since I was three years old. Right now this is all I can think of. If I wasn't a Charger Girl, I would be working towards that goal and I would still be taking dance classes and continuing on with my Pilates career as a business owner."

Jill-Ann, San Diego Charger Girl

What made you decide that you wanted to be a Charger Girl?

"I performed at the Pro Bowl in 2006 in Hawaii. When I auditioned for that, I was a backup dancer for the Backstreet Boys. I had seen all the cheerleaders and I was in the crowd being a part of the whole experience and I said, 'I want to complete this dream that I have.' So that February I decided that I wanted to audition for the Charger Girls."

If someone wants to be an NFL Cheerleader, what advice would you give to help them achieve their goal?

"Go with the flow, have fun, know what you're doing your best and that you prepared the best."

Who is you biggest role model and why?

"My grandmother is deceased and she will always be one of my number one role models. My living role model is my mother. She has been so incredibly supportive. She strives to be at her best at all times. She is always willing to help and she gives back to the community. She is unconditionally loving and caring."

What is one interesting fact that most people don't know about you?

"I used to have two chickens and a goat."

Jill-Ann, San Diego Charger Girl

How do you want people to remember you?

"I would love for people to remember me as selfless."

Labels: , ,