Friday, November 16, 2007

Q&A with Charger Girl Kaylin 

Posted by David Allen Tyau at 5:57 AM ET

From The Charger Tailgate Times
Year on Team: 5
Hometown: San Diego
College: Cal State-San Marcos
Degree: Communications

What makes this year different than years past?

"Every year I think we do a great job of bringing the bar up a notch. We're getting better dancers, girls with more unique backgrounds, really great careers and aspirations. I feel like every year it just gets better and better.

Kaylin, San Diego Charger Girl

What brings you back year after year?

"I've grown up on this team. I made the team my first year out of high school. I took a year off to figure out my career path, but I think it's the girls on the team that bring me back. It's really become an elite dance team. We've brought in girls from all over the country.

What is the best part about being a Charger Girl?

"It's different for everybody. For me, I love to dance and perform, so games are hands down the best part. I also love interaction with the community. I've had the opportunity to travel overseas and do military events, and you really can see the impact that we have on people."

How do you send your time off of the field?

"Between my career and the Charger Girls, I really don't have much time left over. I do try to focus the few hours of the week that I have left on my family and friends."

Tell us a little about your job.

"I am an account executive for a radio station, so I work mainly in sales. I sell advertising for on-air, on-web and event opportunities. It's very, very demanding."

What is your most memorable moment as a Charger Girl?

"My most memorable moment was going to Iraq to visit the troops. That event out in my mind as something that has affected me in my personal life by changing my outlook on what's going on out there. I have a great appreciation for the military."

What made you decide to be a Charger Girl?

"I had been teaching an adult dance class while I was in high school, and a girl approached me and said that I should try out for the Charger Girls. I was hesitant at first, but once I learned more about the team, I wanted to do it."

Who is your role model?

Definitely my mother. She is someone who is very professional and has gone a long way in her career. I want to model myself in my career after her."

Kaylin, San Diego Charger Girl

What does it mean to you to be a Charger Girl?

"To me, it mean that I am ambassador for the Chargers and the City of San Diego. We travel a lot, so we represent San Diego as a while. I'm a role model to a lot of young girls, and I think the Charger Girls are great role models. We all have great values and great aspirations."

What are a few of your hobbies?

"I enjoy reading, exercising, snowboarding and yoga."

What is your favorite food?

"Anything Spicy!"

What is your favorite song?

"I have two, Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World and Andrea Bocelli's Cuando Me Enamoro."

Labels: ,