<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 03, 2007

NFL Week #8 - Trip to Tampa 

Posted by James at 11:36 PM ET

Last Sunday I flew down to Tampa for the Jaguars-Bucs game. The weather was great, the game was exciting, the outcome was in doubt until the final seconds, and the Buccaneers Cheerleaders put on an outstanding performance.


Buccaneers Cheerleaders
5-year veteran Jennifer Summers


Buccaneers Cheerleaders
Bucs Fans are pretty intense


Buccaneers Cheerleaders
Striking a pose


Buccaneers Cheerleaders
Rookie Rochelle Williams


Buccaneers Cheerleaders
Two-year veteran Erica Benavidez


I wasn't the only one who traveled to the game. Current and former members of the Jaguars cheerleading the squad, the Jacksonville ROAR, also made the trip to cheer on their team from the stands.

Former ROAR member Darlene told me:
"We were so impressed with the stadium and the Tampa Bay Cheerleaders who were so welcoming, beautiful and talented. We were even invited to join their prayer circle before the game. They prayed for a safe game and for our safe return to Jacksonville. It really felt like a family. That's why I think it's so important for other teams to visit each other. We are all part of the same "sisterhood" we know the sacrifices we have to make to be a part of the team and the joys that come with it as well."

Buccaneers Cheerleaders
The Bucs Cheerleaders and The ROAR in the tunnel prior to the game.


Darlene retired after last season, but she's not left cheering totally behind. She's now involved with the PBL Jacksonville Jam Dance Team, The Lady Jam, who begin their season in December and we look forward to her reports on her new team.

So based on a high successful and enjoyable trip, I think I'll probably doing some more traveling in the future. Who knows, maybe I'll be coming to your town next.

Photos of the Bucs Cheerleaders in the gallery. (I think I got all the names right; I apologize in advance if I goofed.)

And more photos of the ROAR here.

Labels: , ,