<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 02, 2007

Charger Tailgate Times:
Q&A with Charger Girl Rookie Kylette 

Posted by David Allen Tyau at 7:03 AM ET

Years on Team: Rookie
Hometown: Albuquerque, NM
College: University of New Mexico


Kylette, San Diego Charger Girl

What is the best part about being a Charger Girl?

"The best part about being a Charger Girl is wearing the uniform. It's such an honor to be able to represent San Diego in such a positive way and know that I'm making an impact in the community and acting as a role model for many young girls."

How do you spend your time off the field?

"I love reading books and I'm always at the gym because I love working out. I also enjoy going to the beach. Growing up in Albuquerque where we don't have that luxury, so I go as much as I can."

What made you decide you wanted to be a Charger Girl?

"I have taken dance lessons at studios since the age of four. Then I moved up to high school cheerleading. In college, I started dancing for the university and a semi-pro basketball team. I was happy with ny accomplishments but I wasn't content. San Diego is just a beautiful place and I cam last season to watch a preseason game against the Packers. The Charger Girls were amazing and I had the opportunity to meet a few of them. I thought the girls were wonderful and I wanted to work with them on day."

Kylette, San Diego Charger Girl

If someone wants to be an NFL Cheerleader, what advice would you give her to achieve her goal?

"Go to the auditions and give it all you've got. When you're at the auditions, show everyone your skills: tumbling, advanced dance techniques just anything to make you stand out from the rest. If you have the drive and the dream, it will happen."

What is you favorite quote?

"Ralph Waldo Emerson said, 'Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.'"

Who is your biggest role model and why?

"My biggest role model would be my big brother. We are fourteen months apart and we are so close. We tell each other absolutely everything. He is my rock. He's always been there to support and guide me. It's hard now being far away from him, but I still talk to him almost every day."

Kylette, San Diego Charger Girl

What is the biggest lesson you've learned in life?

"Just to never give up on my dreams. If I get knocked down once, I have to keep going, stand back up and do it again. Anything is possible."

What is you favorite song


"My favorite song is called Family Portrait by Pink."

What is on interesting fact most people don't know about you?

"I don't know how to swim. I am also afraid of the dark."

What do you consider your greatest accomplishment?


"Though I have been blessed with many, moving to California to pursue my dreams has been my greatest one."

Labels: ,