<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 08, 2007

Miss Argo 2007 Finalists: Courtney 

Posted by Sasha at 6:13 PM ET

Toronto Argonauts: The finalists for Miss Argo 2007 have written a short piece on what it means to them to be a member of the Blue Thunder, as well as a finalist for Miss Argo. The final round of voting for Miss Argo begins this week - email missargo@argonauts.on.ca with your vote for who should be crowned Miss Argo 2007!

Here is the entry from Courtney

This is my first year as a Blue Thunder cheerleader and it truly has been the experience of a lifetime for me thus far.

Since the age of two, I danced at a local dance studio. Last fall, I started college and realized that if I didn't have dance in my life, I needed to do something else to fill the void. I am a high-energy person and I love to meet new people. I decided to try out for the Blue Thunder cheerleaders and it has been a decision that I have never regretted for one moment.

I have realized that being a Blue Thunder cheerleader goes well beyond the dancing and the cheering. It means being a part of a vibrant and inspiring organization which works tirelessly to make its community a much better place to live. The excitement of football is not only on the field, but off the field as well. I have seen first hand the enthusiasm and hard work that the players, the cheerleaders, and the organization put forth to truly make The Argos Toronto's #1 community team!

I have met some absolutely amazing people this year through my charity work as a Blue Thunder cheerleader. Some of these people made me laugh, some made me cry, and many touched my heart and soul in a very profound way. The rewards of this year are abundant! Thank you to my Argo family - my fellow cheerleaders, the players and the entire organization. You have given me a year I will treasure forever. Most importantly, to all of the Argo fans - you are the best!

GO ARGOS!

Courtney

Labels: , ,