Saturday, October 20, 2007

Chargers Tailgate Times:
Q&A With Charger Girl Shantel 

Posted by James at 7:17 PM ET

(Photos provide by our good friend David Tyau)
Year on Team: 6
Hometown: Moreno Valley, California
College: UC-Riverside
Degree: Marketing and Sociology

San Diego Charger Girls

What brings you back year after year?

"The squad, the friendships that I have made, my love for football and the fans."

What is the best part about being a Charger Girl?

"The best thing is the community service that we do, especially the Junior Charger Girls. Through that program, I have become a Big Sister to one of the girls and that is very special to me."

How do you spend your time off the field?

"Doing community service, working and participating in water sports."

What is your career and what are your goals in that career?

"I am currently working for an interior design company. I enjoy it but I'd eventually like to get involved in marketing."

San Diego Charger Girls

What is your most memorable moment as a Charger Girl?

"Last year the Charger Girls won the NFL Cheerleader Playoffs! I was one of the two Charger Girls selected to represent our team. The show was aired on NFL Network and we had a blast with it."

Do you have a favorite quote?

"Stay true to yourself no matter what!"

What made you decide to become a Charger Girl?

"My mom convinced me to audition. It was my birthday present to her."

Who is your biggest role model?

"My mother. She taught me so many things. She is a strong independent woman and I just love her. I couldn't do anything without her."

What's your favorite food?

"Shrimp pasta."

San Diego Charger Girls

What does it mean to be a Charger Girl?

"It means a lot. Over 300 women try out every year and I am so thankful that I have been able to keep coming back. It's an honor."

What is one interesting fact that most people don't know about you?

"I am a daredevil. I've been skydiving twice. I want to get to five so I can jump alone."

What's you most prized possession?

"My pillow. I've had it for 24 years."

Flashback: Shantel and Casie are NFL Cheerleader Playoff Champions!

Labels: ,