Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Wizards Rookie Dancer Blog 

Posted by Sasha at 7:51 PM ET

Washington Wizards: I am very excited for my rookie season as a 2007-08 Wizards dancer! The audition process was a long and exhausting weekend, but definitely well worth it. The freestyle round was a chance for the judges to catch a glimpse of our personalities and court appeal. A series of technique combinations followed and I was happy to have made it through to the final round! The final round was an opportunity for the judges to see us perform on the court and for the finalists to dance for the fans at the Verizon Center. The pressure was on and you could tell that we were all very nervous, but as the final team was announced, we couldn’t have been more excited!

We have been practicing for a few weeks now and have already learned a lot of routines we will be performing during the season. With the season right around the corner, it’s important for us to keep up with our workouts and practice hard. I really enjoy being at practice because the routines we learn are a lot of fun to perform, but most importantly I get to dance with my teammates who are truly a talented group of women. The veterans have also been really helpful and have done a great job of welcoming the rookies on the team. Our practices are very productive, but we always find time to joke around and have fun too! I can’t wait to kick the season off and perform for the fans, and I know that my rookie season will be full of great memories.
Melissa M.

Labels: , ,