<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Titans Spotlight on Kerry A. 

Posted by James at 1:27 PM ET

From TitansOnline.com:
Our Cheerleader spotlight is Kerry. Kerry is originally from Hendersonville, Tenn. She is a squad captain and was our 2006 Titans Cheerleader representative to the Pro Bowl. Read on for more about Kerry!

TITANS ONLINE: You are a manager for UCA, a business owner and a captain on the squad. How do you juggle the three?
Yes my life is very busy; therefore, organization is the key to keeping my sanity. I work on Varsity Brands, Inc. from the moment I get up until I’m out the door for practice, usually 8:00am-6:30pm. I break around 5:00 or so to have dinner and continue answering emails until I leave. I get home from practice around 10:00pm just in time to get my laptop back out and get caught up on emails. My husband and I usually discuss our business, MaggieMoo’s, in the evenings. Bringing my laptop to bed is a bad habit I wish I could get rid of…but unfortunately that’s the name of the game at this time!
Kerry, Titans Cheerleader
TITANS ONLINE: What do you do to relax?

Spending time with my husband, my dogs, and my family is honestly how I relax. Since we have practice 3 nights a week and I often travel on the other days with my job, just having a nice dinner out with my husband is a relaxing moment in my life.

TITANS ONLINE: What do you hope to bring to the squad as a first year captain?


Lead by Example – I will not ask anyone on the squad to do something I am not willing to do or have not done previously. I am a perfectionist, so I want to make sure everyone fully understands the expectations in order to be synchronized on the field. I also have a great time while at practice, appearances, or on the field for game day. There are so many women who would love to have this opportunity; I do not take anything we do for granted and am honored to be a Titans cheerleader.

TITANS ONLINE: What is your favorite aspect of being a Tennessee Titans Cheerleader?

Game Day – without a doubt! The thrill of running out from the tunnel, the performance of the national anthem with jets flying over, and most certainly a game winning touchdown run from Vince Young! Almost equal to that, are the lives we touch at charity appearances while teaching kids from the local YMCA and after-school programs, or serving people at the homeless shelter, working a blood drive, etc. I feel so blessed to have this opportunity to serve as an ambassador to the Nashville community and represent the Tennessee Titans.

TITANS ONLINE: What is your favorite part of game day?

My favorite part of game day is the intensity of the crowd on a 3rd or 4th down – and then a turnover and score for the Titans!! That is when the stadium is at its loudest and so much fun! Of course a WIN at the end of the game is the very best!

TITANS ONLINE: What three things would you take with you if you were on a deserted island?

I never plan to be on a deserted island. I cannot imagine being away from humanity for any amount of time. However, presented with no option, I would like to have a toothbrush, chapstick, and a pony tail holder!

TITANS ONLINE: Who is your all time favorite Titans player and why?


There are so many to choose from, but if narrowed to one I would say Frank Wycheck. He was an excellent player and continues to remain a member of the Titans family as a broadcaster. He has contributed immensely to the Nashville community through a variety of charities. And most importantly, he was a key player in the “Music City Miracle.”

Kerry, Titans Cheerleader
TITANS ONLINE: What qualities do you possess that enhances your position on the squad?

TITANS ONLINE: What qualities do you possess that enhances your position on the squad?

I have FUN! I have a POSITIVE ATTITUDE! I absolutely love being around the squad and live for game day.

TITANS ONLINE: Where do you see yourself in ten years?

I have successfully completed both a bachelors and masters degree in business and marketing. I have a job that I absolutely love that combines sales with an industry that has impacted my life in a tremendous way – cheerleading. However, most important to me is the start of a family with my husband. I want to be a successful business woman while maintaining a healthy, happy family. So in 10 years I see myself with continued success in Varsity Brands, Inc., successful Maggie Moo’s franchises in various cities, and of course a beautiful family.

TITANS ONLINE: Describe the perfect evening out.

A perfect evening out is spent with my husband, Clayton. Sushi from Virago makes a great dinner and of course no special evening out is complete without my favorite ice cream, Better Batter from Maggie Moo’s! HA!

Labels: ,