<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Rachel Dances in the Knights 

Posted by James at 7:08 AM ET

FoxSports.au
And so to our NRL Cheergirl of the week, Rachel, from Newcastle Knights, who finds the excitement of sideline performance "amazing".

What made you want to be a cheerleader?

I love to dance and the thought of being on a football field performing in front of thousands of people was really exciting. The atmosphere at the games is so amazing, I love being apart of it.

Favourite childhood memory?
Having a starring role in one of my dance concerts. I started dance classes when I was very young and we would always have a big concert that all the parents would come to. Getting the lead role was very exciting.

Who was your first celebrity crush?

Leonardo DiCaprio. I loved him in Romeo + Juliet and thought he was just gorgeous. His movies were always great, too.

Rachel, Newcastle Knights


Who/ What inspires you?

People who follow their dreams and make it, no matter what. Anyone who can give 100 per cent to achieve their goals and overcome adversity inspires me.

If you could star in a Hollywood movie opposite anyone, who would it be?
Reese Witherspoon. She just seems like a really fun, down-to-earth girl and it would be great to get to know her and be in a movie with her. I think that she is a great actor as well.

Rachel, Newcastle Knights

Any other claims to fame, other than featuring in Big League?
I wish! This is the first time I’ve done anything like this before, so this whole experience is very exciting.

What's the most exciting thing you’ve ever done?
I competed in aerobics competitions for years and always enjoyed it. A few years ago, I competed in the national competition for team aerobics and we won. It was a great accomplishment and very exciting.


Online home of the igKnighters here.

Labels: ,