<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 12, 2007

MVC Training Program 

Posted by Sasha at 5:20 PM ET

Author: Meg
Minnesota Vikings

Hello! My name is Meg and I am new to the Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders Training Program this year. I've been dancing my entire life and was looking for something new and exciting when my friend suggested I try out for the MVC with her on a whim. It sounded like a great opportunity!

I showed up to open auditions, along with 150 other girls, nervous and overwhelmed. I had never done anything like this before! I was relieved that every girl I met was genuine and friendly, and of course, just as nervous as I was. The day went fast. There had been three cuts, leaving 54 girls for the final cut at the MOA. I was one of the 54 and so excited to be a part of it!

All of a sudden my schedule was busier than ever, but three weeks of training and preparation flew by. The performance at the Mall of America was one of the best experiences for me. The people, the music and the excitement made the night go so quickly that it seemed like auditions had ended just as rapidly as they had started. The entire experience made me want to be a part of the Vikings organization! It was an incredible month!

The next day my classmates, my teachers, my entire school were glued to my phone. I received a call later that night explaining that my scores weren't high enough to be an MVC this year, but that I was invited to join the MVC Training Program if I would like. I was extremely excited, relieved and honored to be given this opportunity to train with the MVC coaches and staff. I look forward to the coming year with the MVC Training Program. I am motivated to build my endurance and stamina and perfect my "MVC style and technique."

The entire training program is working hard to learn and perfect the NFL look! I am looking forward to a great year with the organization and can't wait to see what the future holds!

Labels: , ,