<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Jasmine's a Sideline Gem 

Posted by James at 6:03 PM ET

From FoxSports.au

The Jim Beam NRL Cheergirl for week 19 is 21-year-old professional dancer Jasmine's who's proving a gem at ruffling the feathers of Sydney Roosters fans this NRL season.

Jasmine, Sydney Roosters


What made you want to be a cheerleader?

I’ve always loved dancing and performing, but it was the atmosphere at the games that made me want to be a cheerleader. I just wanted to be apart of it all. It’s lots of fun. And I love the Roosters.

Favourite childhood memory?

Boogie-boarding with my friends at Maroubra Beach. We would go down to the beach in the summer holidays and have so much fun.

What did you want to be when you were little?
A flight attendant. I thought that they had the best job ’cause they got to work and travel at the same time. It seemed like such a glamorous life. I just imagined myself as one.

Who inspires you?
People who love what they do and commit 100 per cent to it. I’m a big believer that you need to give your all to do what you love so I really admire people who don’t let things get in their way of achieving their dreams.

Where are we most likely to find you on a Saturday night when you’re not on the football field?
Out on the town with friends, dancing the night away on the dance floor. My friends and I love going out in the city and trying new places. Any place with good music is where you’ll find me.

Jasmine, Sydney Roosters

If you could star in a Hollywood movie opposite anyone, who would it be?
Leonardo DiCaprio. I’ve always loved him, and think he is an amazing actor. His movies are great, too, so it would be fantastic to star opposite him

Any other claims to fame, other than featuring in Big League?
I was a finalist for Inside Sport’s model search this year. It was a great experience and was a lot of fun.

Online home of the Sydney Roosters Cheersquad here.

Labels: ,