<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Flashback Photo of the Week 

Posted by Sasha at 1:06 PM ET



Let's continue our walk down memory lane with the now-defunct NFL Europa. Here we have a team photo for the England/London Monarchs cheerleaders, also known as The Crown Jewels.

I'm uncertain of the date, but I suspect this was some time in the mid-90s, when the puffy sleeve ruled the universe. Some of them are wearing red. Some are wearing blue. I have no idea why.

It's a rare thing, to find photos of this particular team. Or maybe I just haven't stumbled across them yet. I don't know if it's because they weren't around long, or just because their name wasn't unique enough to make them easy to find on the internet. If you google London, Monarchs, Crown Jewels, and/or cheerleaders, you get a lot of monarchs and jewels. Not so much the cheerleaders.

Labels: ,