<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Beyond the Pom-poms: Christal 

Posted by Sasha at 5:36 PM ET

June 25, 2007
Panthers.com

1. What are you up to now?
I am staying very busy! I’m having a lot of fun spending time with my husband and raising two future TopCats, ages two and three, while working as an assistant vice president within the retail credit division of a local bank. In addition, I have served as president of our TopCats Alumnae Association for the past four years.

2. What was your most memorable moment as a TopCat?
Hmmm, that’s a tough one! I would have to say my most memorable moment as a TopCat was my trip to St. John's Newfoundland in Canada to make an appearance for the promotion of the Super Bowl during my third year on the squad. I was amongst some of my dearest friends and teammates and made memories to last a lifetime. I still get a good laugh and also shed a tear every time I see a photo or when I simply reminisce about that experience!

3. Do people still give you that "I know her from somewhere" look?
Every now and then someone may recognize me. It is really strange feeling like a "celebrity", if you will. I have never thought of myself in that way. It happened more frequently right after I retired.

4. What do you miss the most from your TopCat experience?
There are so many things to miss but the one thing I miss the most is spending time with some of the most amazing women I have ever been blessed to know. Rehearsal time, appearances, and games -- while a lot of hard work -- were fun times. I have a lot of wonderful memories and gained a lot of beautiful friendships from having been a part of the TopCats.

5. During Super Bowl XXXVIII, I was...
…watching the game at a friend's house. My oldest daughter was barely six months old, so I was constantly checking on her and catching plays in between. While I was heartbroken at the end of the game, I was also very proud to be a Panthers fan! No one gave us a chance and we showed the NFL we were a team to be reckoned with!

6. When at games now, who do you watch more, the players or the current TopCats?
When I attend the games, I always watch the TopCats more. I love watching them and seeing how the ladies grow and are more and more talented every year! However, I do watch the game and the scoreboards a lot. Being a fantasy football addict, you have to!

7. If I could give a current TopCat advice, it would be to….
…to truly enjoy the moment. The years will come and go so quickly. Always give it your all because somewhere, there is a young lady that wishes she was on the field in your spot. I thi070625_btpp_threenk another alumnae said it best a few years ago, "Don't Watch the Show. Be the Show"! (courtesy of Nicole Smith)

8. How many games do you go to or watch on TV?
My husband and I try to get to at least one or two home games a year but that can sometimes be difficult with two young ones. We do see the games we can’t get to on TV. We are both in the same fantasy football league so that makes Sundays during football season very interesting around our house. Not to mention, my husband is a Dallas Fan.

9. How has your experience with the TopCats benefited you today?
My experience with the TopCats gave me a lot of self-confidence that I did not previously have. In addition, it made me extremely appreciative of all of the hard work that goes into being an NFL cheerleader. Most people have no idea. However, the best benefit is all of the lovely women whom I call lifelong friends. Being a TopCat blessed me with some of the most wonderful friendships I will ever have!

10. If you could use one word to describe your TopCats experience, what would it be?
Amazing!

Labels: , ,