Thursday, July 05, 2007

All Haylee at the Sharks 

Posted by James at 7:00 AM ET

From FoxSports.au

The Jim Beam NRL Cheergirl for Week 17 is 19 year-old Hayley, a member of the Mermaids, the Cheersquad for the Cronulla Sharks.

What made you want to be a cheerleader?
My older cousin was a cheerleader and used to take me along to the rehearsals. I've always loved dancing so I went to an audition and this will be my fourth season for the Sharks. I love performing in front of a large crowd. It's a great atmosphere.

What song always makes you get up and dance?

I love anything with a good beat, that usually gets me up and dancing. But I also love old school songs, anything by Van Morrison. Moondance and Brown Eyed Girl are my favourite songs of his.

Haylee, Cronulla Mermaids

What did you want to be when you were little?
A hairdresser or a make-up artist. I was always playing and pretending to be a hairdresser when I was a kid and I was always wearing my Mum's make-up. It was fun. Now I'm a hairdresser.

Any other claims to fame, other than featuring in Big League?
Our squad, the mermaids, put out a calendar last year and I was in it. It was lots of fun and all the girls look great in it. Apart from that, just cheering for the Sharks for the past four years.

What's the most exciting thing you've ever done?

My trip to Thailand two years ago was the most exciting thing. The whole atmosphere was amazing, and it was great to experience a different culture. The parties and the shopping were incredible. I loved it so much I'm planning on going back this year.

Haylee, Cronulla Mermaids

Name three things that you couldn't live without?
High heels, because I'm only five-foot tall; my Mum and Dad, because they are just beautiful people and are always so supportive; and a good hairdryer. I'm a hairdresser, so I know that's important.

What would you do if you won $1 million?
I would buy an around the world ticket and take off. I'd love to travel and see the world and it would be great to do that with a million dollars. I'd really be able to enjoy myself. My first stop would be the Greek islands.

Online home of the Cronulla Mermaids here.

Labels: ,