Thursday, June 28, 2007

Manly's Mel is Just Swell 

Posted by James at 12:14 PM ET

From FoxSports.au

The Jim Beam NRL Cheergirl for week 16 is Melanie from the Manly Sea Eagles Cheerleaders, The Sea Birds.

Melanie, Manly Sea Eagles

Twenty-two year-old Melanie is a psychology student and has been cheering for 4 years.

What made you want to be a cheerleader?
I've always been a dancer and I love performing. I originally started so that I had an extra dance class, but I've loved it ever since. The atmosphere at Manly games is amazing

Who is your favourite football player and why?

Matt Orford, because he has the ability to come onto the field and turn the game around. He's done a lot for Manly and is a really inspiring leader

Any other claims to fame, other than featuring in Big League?
Yes, I was in FHM magazine as their student of the month for July 2006. It was a really good experience and I enjoyed it a lot

Three things you couldn't live without?

Summer, because I love the warm weather and love going to the beach; a good night's sleep, because I can't function properly without it; good food, because I really enjoy eating and trying new things

Most embarrassing moment?

Fracturing my tailbone at school after attempting Russian dancing. I fell over in front of a lot of people, which was very embarrassing. It was the first and last time I've tried it.

What do you think you'll be doing in 10 years' time?
Hopefully I'll be a practising psychologist, because it's what I'm currently studying to be. I really hope to be married and have a young family and just really be enjoying my life.

Melanie, Manly Sea Eagles

Online home of the Manly Sea Eagles here.

Labels: ,