<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Beyond the Pom-poms: Tammy 

Posted by Sasha at 9:11 AM ET

June 19, 2007
Panthers.com

1. What are you up to now?
Currently I am a married mother of a little girl (and future TopCat) and a little boy (future Panthers kicker). I work for an insurance company traveling throughout the Carolinas training providers.

2. What was your most memorable moment as a TopCat?
Making the inaugural squad was definitely my most memorable moment as a TopCat. The tryouts began with over 400 contestants and it was a dream come true when I was one of the 35 lucky women chosen to represent the Carolina Panthers as a member of their first cheerleading squad.

3. Do people still give you that "I know her from somewhere" look?
I actually had a new coworker who kept thinking they knew me from somewhere. After making several suggestions as to how they might know me, they asked if I had ever cheered for the Carolina Panthers. I said yes and he explained that he was a huge Panthers fan and that is why he recognized me.

4. What do you miss the most from your TopCats experience?
What I miss most from my TopCats experience is EVERYTHING! I miss the friendships, the dancing, the team, and the feeling of being on a professional football field watching the game I love and cheering my heart out!

5. During Super Bowl XXXVIII, I was.....
...at home with my family celebrating both the Super Bowl and my father's 50th birthday. He is a huge Carolina Panthers fan so we decided to throw his surprise birthday party in conjunction with the Super Bowl party. He loved it!

6. When at games now, who do you watch more, the players or the current TopCats?
I love football for sure, but I must say I watch the TopCats as much as I watch the players at games. If I am watching the game on TV and I can hear the music in the background while the commentators are talking, my husband can attest to the fact that I am yelling at the TV to show the TopCats!

7. If I could give a current TopCat advice, it would be to....
The best advice I could give a current TopCat is never forget what a true honor it is to be a part of such a wonderful organization. If you keep that thought in mind, it will get you through even the most grueling practices and most-difficult-to-master dance routines.

8. How many games do you go to or watch on TV?
With two small children I do not get to many games in person. However, I do try to watch all the games on TV. During football season in my house we watch football, football, and more football.

9. How has your experience with the TopCats benefited you today?
My experience as a TopCat taught me the true meaning of professionalism. The professional manner in which I handled myself as a member of the TopCats is the same manner in which I handle myself in my professional life today.

10. If you could use one word to describe your TopCats experience, what would it be?
If I had to use one word to describe my experience as a TopCat it would be “exhilarating!”

Labels: , ,