<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 18, 2007

Attention Texans Cheerleaders: I need a volunteer 

Posted by Sasha at 6:09 PM ET

First off, this is a completely self-serving post. You should know that right away. It has nothing to do with anything except it's something I want to know. It's kind of like when someone tells you Sarah Jessica Parker was wearing really cute shoes in the June InStyle and you happen to pick up InStyle next time you're at the store - only it's the July InStyle and the June InStyle isn't anywhere anymore and the more you can't find the picture, the more you are determined to find it.

Or maybe I'm the only one who does that.

Okay, here's the thing, I grew up around a lot of twins. I don't know if it was something in the water, but up through 9th grade, there were six sets of twins in my grade at school. That's right, SIX. In one grade. And it wasn't a big school. Of the six, two were fraternal. The other four were "identical" twins. To the casual observer, they looked exactly the same, but anyone who knew them for a while could easily tell them apart. Because there were so many twins in my grade, being a twin wasn't that big of a deal. We certainly couldn't refer to them as "the twins" because - duh, which ones? I tell you all of this so you'll understand that the importance of telling twins apart was deeply ingrained in me during my formative years.

Fast forward in time. Now we have these twins on the Texans squad, and it's bugging me. Not in a "lying awake at night worrying about it" kind of way. Not in a "relentless pursuit of the truth" kind of way. More like a "Dangit, there are those twins again. One of these days, I'm going to figure out who is who" kind of way. Do I know Marisa and Larisa? No. Ever seen them in person? No. Does that matter to me? Nope.

So yesterday, I was minding my own business, when I happened upon the new photos on the Texans website. (More on that some other time). I got to the photo of Marisa and Larisa, and like, ohmigawd, I could totally tell them apart. (I don't know why, but my inner voice often talks like a valley girl.) For some reason, they look very different to me now. So I spent the next hour looking for other photos of the girls to see if I could tell them apart and I think I've got it down. Plus - call me crazy - but I think Larisa is taller than Marisa. I'm beginning to suspect that these two are not so much identical as very very similar in looks.

All I need is a Texans Cheerleader to confirm my findings. So for the love of Pete, somebody check my work and send me an email.


























Labels: , , ,