<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Amy Performs a Star Turn 

Posted by James at 7:31 AM ET

From FoxSports.au
The Fox Sports NRL Cheergirl for week 13 is Amy a university student pursuing her Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Psychology.

Amy

Amy is enjoying her first season with St George-Illawarra, and she’s already going places – flicking her childhood dream of being a policewoman to grab a place on the silver screen.

What made you want to be a cheerleader?
I love performing; I’ve found that it’s a great way to keep fit and it’s lots of fun. Being a cheerleader has actually made me learn more about football and now I’ve become a real fan. This is my first year cheerleading for the Dragons and I’m very excited.

Song that always makes you get up and dance?

Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison. I love that song because, every time I hear it at home, my dad always dances with me. It’s such a good song and has become really special to me.

Favourite childhood memory?

Everything to do with my mum. She would write messages from the tooth fairy in tiny writing and would leave them for me. Also the Yorkshire puddings mum would make, they were so delicious.

What did you want to be when you were little?

A policewoman. My mum is from the UK and I used to watch The Bill religiously. I used to play games and pretend I was a policeman.

Amy

What’s the most exciting thing you’ve ever done?
I filmed an American horror film recently. While I was doing full-time dancing last year, I had a few drama classes as well. I auditioned for the role and was one of the five main characters. My character ends up dying half way through it. It’s not going to be released for a while, but it will be very exciting when it does!

Who inspires you?
My parents. They are the greatest source of support and are always there for me. They inspire me to do my best and to be the best that I can be.

See all the Dragons Cheerleaders, The Flames, here.

Labels: ,