Thursday, May 31, 2007

Meet the Brigade Girls - Brandy 

Posted by Sasha at 8:47 PM ET

Meet Brandy

Hey out there! My name is Brandy and I’m a second year Brigade Girl. I grew up in “The Dotte” where I danced for Sumner Academy High School. I am also an alumnus of what I think is the best school ever, TUSKEGEE University, in Tuskegee Alabama. While at Tuskegee, I was a member of the Marching Crimson Piper Band and the Golden Essence dance team.

I am the oldest of two girls and my mom’s favorite, just don’t tell the other two. Back in 2004 I was chosen to represent the state of Kansas in the Miss Black United States Pageant in Atlanta Georgia. I didn’t win but I placed 3rd in the interview category and it was an experience that I will never forget. I was also chosen as one of Kansas City’s Top 30 Under 30 young professionals in 2006.Currently I am attending graduate school at Rockhurst University where I will receive my doctorate degree in Physical Therapy this May.

Before joining the Brigade, I danced for another Arena team in Columbus Georgia. I love being a member of the Arena Football League family, the fans are great and the atmosphere is incredible. I am so grateful that I can share what I love to do with my family and friends here in Kansas City.

Brandy's Photos

Labels: ,