Friday, May 04, 2007

Laker Girls Blog - Megan 

Posted by Sasha at 9:17 PM ET

Change of Pace
Monday, April 23, 2007

Goooodddddd MMMMMooorrrnnnninnnnng!!!

Wow, what a different weekend for me! For the first in a long time I didn’t have any appearances, charities, or games this weekend which was sad - but at the same time, great! (because I got to catch up with family, friends and my pups)

In fact, my last Laker Girl appearance was on Wednesday the 18th of April all the way in Newhall. It was for a corporate business luncheon and was actually quite eventful ….. I got to shave the President of the company’s head! I was told he had made a bet - that his employees couldn’t sell 16,000 shares by a certain date. And, unfortunately he lost.

Anyway, back to the weekend! Saturday I actually got to sleep in. School has been really picking up lately - getting much harder, with midterms just passing and now coming to the end of the year. I woke up around 10 a.m. which is actually very late for me! I then began to generate some new ideas for an essay I am writing for an English class and a script I am putting together for a Broadcast Journalism class. Both classes have been pretty hard, especially when I am trying to keep up with the Lakers basketball season. But, these classes are so much fun because I have the greatest professors!

Later, I went off to Costa Mesa to meet up with a photographer from my school. We made a deal that if I would model for a project he is involved in, I would get the free photos! And let me tell you, this is an amazing deal considering how expensive getting head shots are these days.

After the photo shoot, I went to my parent’s house to visit my dogs (Duchess and Daisy). I love when I get to see them because, since I live with three other room mates, I’m not aloud to have any pets. But just the other day, Duchess had broken her toe so she wasn’t feeling too good. Hopefully I made her feel a bit better! While I was home I got to see my brother, who currently goes to UCLA, so I don’t get to spend that much time with him.

The rest of the day went by so fast because before I knew it I was heading out around 9 p.m. to a get together with my friends. A company called Blank Style was having different musicians play such as Andrew Ripp and Brett Young. They played at the Camp at Bristol…..it sounded amazing! I love when I get to hear new music! Anyway, my friends and I decided to go bowling afterwards, which by the way, I am terrible at…. but at least I have fun while I’m trying!

Sunday, I got up at 8 a.m. to go to church with my mom. Afterwards, we headed out to brunch…..and we had an amazing meal! While I was there I got to watch the Lakers in their first playoff game of the season. The game took place in Phoenix and was on ABC at noon. Woo hoo! GO LAKERS! I feel like it has been forever since the last game - but it was only one week. Unfortunately, the Lakers lost. Hopefully, the Lakers will get a win when they play the Suns again this Tuesday!

Later that afternoon, I went to the gym for the second time this weekend to work out. Keeping up with my dance classes and work outs have been crucial since we stopped having rehearsals, and as many games. Got to keep in shape!

My night ended with home work and a nice home made dinner with my room mates. Like I said, this weekend was sooo different - but a nice change of pace!

- Megan

Labels: , ,