Thursday, May 03, 2007

Laker Girls Blog - Jessica 

Posted by Sasha at 9:28 PM ET

A Welcome Respite
Friday, April 20, 2007

Hey Lakers fans!

How about that game last night?! Playoffs here we come!
With the regular season over, my usual busy Laker Girls schedule has really slowed down. And, although I miss having rehearsals and games every week, this break has given me a chance to catch up on something that I have been putting off for quite awhile…..CLEANING!! This week has been devoted to doing loads upon loads of laundry, and cleaning my entire apartment. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not messy by any means, but it has been nice to give the apartment a good scrub down. Even my car is clean!

This extra free time has also allowed me to concentrate on taking dance classes and working out. As with any field, it is important for us Laker Girls to continue training and always push ourselves to further our dance abilities. I really enjoy taking different dance classes and learning new styles. Not to mention, getting a great workout along the way. I grew up taking a lot of jazz classes, so since I’ve moved to L.A. I have been trying to better my hip hop skills. Yesterday, I actually took two hip hop classes from some of my friends and I had so much fun! Annika, another Laker Girl, even met me at the second class! We had a great time!

Today, again, was pretty quiet. I woke up early and headed out to get some errands done. Then, after lunch with my roommate, I was off to the gym. I really like going to the gym and getting a good workout - I love that I feel so refreshed when I leave. I am, however, very excited that the weather is getting nicer so that I can do my cardio outside!

After leaving the gym, I finished up my errands, went home to cook dinner, and then sat down to watch my favorite show..…Grey’s Anatomy! I’m addicted! But now it’s time for me to get some sleep. I am taking a jazz class tomorrow and I have a Laker Girls appearance tomorrow night with Allison. (another Laker Girl)

It has been nice having a few days to catch up on my cleaning and find time to get into some dance classes, but I am more than ready for playoffs to begin! Remember fans: you need to cheer even louder in the playoffs! We want to hear you!


xoxo Jessica

Labels: , ,