Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Kate is Roaring Approval 

Posted by James at 9:33 AM ET

From FoxSports.au

Kate, Wests Tigers Cheerleader

This week Jim Beam's NRL Cheergirl is Kate.

Kate, 20, is roaring her approval for Wests Tigers in 2007, and Lord only knows how the side has given her cause to shake those pom-poms in recent week.

But Kate is more than just a pretty face and fit body; she's studying to be a teacher. Read on for more.

What made you want to be a cheerleader?
I always went to games when I was younger. I remember sitting in the stands watching the cheergirls and I wanted to do what they were doing. It's my first year of cheerleading so performing in front of the large crowds is very exciting.

Song that always makes you get up and dance?
The Others by TV Rock. It's just got such a great beat and always gets me moving. It's just a really good song to dance to.

Favourite childhood memory?

Forming a band with my siblings and friends. I was always the drummer and we used to make our parents pay to watch us! That was always so much fun and is a great memory.

What did you want to be when you were little?

A teacher – and that's what I'm studying to be! I've always loved kids and being around them, and teaching them new things is pretty special.

Who was your first celebrity crush?

Leonardo DiCaprio; I loved him in Romeo + Juliet and just thought he was gorgeous! He's a great actor and is still pretty cute now.

Who inspires you?
My mum; she is such a loving, supportive person and is always there for me. If I turn out to be half the woman she is, then I'd consider myself very lucky.

Kate, Wests Tigers Cheerleader

Kate at the Tigers website here.

Labels: ,