Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Honeybees Confidential: Hey Rookie! 

Posted by Sasha at 6:01 PM ET

Hey Hornets Fans! Can you believe it? The season has already come and gone! It was a whirlwind year and I don’t even know where to begin to sum it all up; the good, the bad, the beautiful? Let’s see….

I don’t think I could discuss my year on the squad without mentioning my teammate Brittanie who passed away. With Brittanie passing away at the beginning of our season it really hit everyone about the time we have with our family, friends and teammates and really how valuable every moment we share is. She was with each of us throughout the whole season; and she will remain in my heart forever.

This season was filled with a lot of firsts for me - my first season on an NBA team, my first time to dance in front of 20,000 fans, my first time to sign over 2,000 autographs in one sitting, and (one of my favorites) my first time to do a little “MC-ing” on the mic as I introduced the fourth quarter with Rob on Honeybee night “Let’s Make Some NOISE!” Perfection!

Looking back, I can’t believe I was able to do it all! Some weeks I was so busy with up to 6 nights of either Hornets games or practices, photo shoots, and appearances on top of working full-time and a personal life! At times there was stress and even a few tears but as you look back on an experience like this I am filled with such joy and a sense of completion. This is a year I will look back on for the rest of my life and one day my children will beg me to stop talking about my “Year as an NBA Dancer.”

The last game on April 13, 2007 was a special experience and the perfect ending to my season. The fans were amazing and to see the joy, gratitude and sadness on their faces was very emotional for all of us. I can’t describe how incredible it felt to see the crowd on their feet cheering for us for the last time on that NBA court. I am so thankful! Oklahoma City has special fans who value their city and the events that go on there. To be a part of history and the memories of the Oklahoma City fans is more than I could ask for. So thank you Oklahoma City, the Hornets, Ashley and my teammates for a great year! I will be seeing ya!

OKC Hornets

Labels: ,