Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Honeybees Confidential: Dancer Diary 

Posted by Sasha at 9:05 PM ET

By: Adrienne C.
OKC Hornets

This past season has flown by. I can’t believe that April is right around the corner and our season is coming to an end. That brings only one thing to mind… TRYOUTS!! With graduate school, my internship, and work, I have very little time to even think about it.

I am so excited that the team is coming back next year, and I’m especially excited that the All-Star game will be in the Big Easy. Whether or not I will be able to tryout for the 07-08 season is questionable at the moment. I want to sooo bad but I also have to see what job/career opportunities come my way after school. It’s so hard to quit something that you love so much, but at some point I guess your priorities have to shift so that you can move on to the next phase of your life.

I just can’t imagine what life would be like without dancing. Honeybees has become such a huge part of my life the past 5 years. If I don’t try out it will be the first time in my life since I was 4 years old that I haven't cheered or danced. Talk about withdrawals!! I know that I can’t do it forever but it’s so hard to let go of something that is such a huge part of your life.

Well whatever happens, I will always be an original New Orleans Honeybee and a fan for life!!

Labels: ,