<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Glam Sam Lifts Raiders 

Posted by James at 4:49 PM ET

The latest NRL Cheergirl of the week from FoxSports.au

So to our cheergirl of the week for round eight, 19-year-old Sam, who reckons Canberra Raiders will be more than wooden spoon favourites for the 2008 NRL season.

What made you want to be a cheerleader?

I've always loved dancing and performing. I started dancing when I was three years old. My family has always loved footy so I watched a lot of games when I was growing up. This will be my second year cheering for the Raiders. I'm really enjoying it.

What song always makes you dance?
Rock This Party by Bob Sinclair. It's just got a mad beat to dance to.
Sam, Canberra Raiderettes
What's your favourite childhood memory?
I lived in Philadelphia in the United States for three years when I was little and my favourite memories are of me and my siblings playing in the snow and sliding down the driveway. We had so much fun.

What inspires you?

People who face adversity and come through it smiling. I really admire people who have such strength and courage to stand up for what they believe in. When I'm going through a hard time, I think that things could always be worse and try to get through it positively.

If you could trade places with anyone in the world, who would it be?
Paris Hilton, because I wouldn't have to work, I'd just party. Her lifestyle seems so glamorous and fun, it would be great to live a day in her life.

What's the most exciting thing you've done?
Going on a road trip with my girlfriends for New Year just past. We went to Surfers Paradise for one week and had so much fun. It was so exciting to just be away with the girls and be carefree.

Who is your favourite football player and why?

Allan Tongue. He is so determined and is a really good leader. He is constantly a good player, and, of course, he plays for the Raiders.

Sam, Canberra Raiderettes

Online home of the Hogs Breath Cafe Raiderettes (now you know why they have that pig logo on the uniform) here.

Labels: , ,