<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Eagles Cheerleader Blog - 2007 Calendar Shoot 

Posted by Sasha at 9:51 AM ET

PhiladelphiaEagles.com
May 6, 2007

Janipher's Blog
"I'm so excited. I can't believe that we're actually here. I don't get the chance to go on vacation very much, so this is the first time I've been able to go to a tropical getaway. Everything is surreal. The hotel rooms are beautiful. The resort is beautiful. It's so cool to see clear water up close.

"I have to say getting to know the girls is the part of the trip that I'm looking the most forward to. I feel like we should really use this time to get to know the rookies, what they do and just bond and use this time to get together right before the season so we can work together as a team very effectively. I think it's very important that we work together as a squad. It's all about teamwork. Once we get on the field together, we have to work together and support each other. I think it's extremely important that we become sisters."


Katheryn's Blog
"I'm so excited, I've studied Spanish for the past five years - I'm minoring in it. This is my first time to a Spanish-speaking country and I'm excited to be here. The people are friendly, the food is great. It's been great so far.

"Today has been so hectic. I got up at 3:30 this morning. I got ready and got myself to the airport. After a three-hour flight, we've bene unpacking, unloading. We spent some time out on the pool and have been enjoying the sun.

"Vayamos las √°guilas. That means let's go Eagles!"


Juliet's Blog
"Today has been wild. I woke up at 3:30 this morning and drove to the airport. It really sunk in after I saw everyone that we were going to Mexico ...today! Today's the day. I've been waiting for awhile. We got here, we pulled into the Dreams Tulum resort and it's beautiful. I can not wait to see everyone all done up and getting their calendar shots done. The final product is going to be amazing.

"I've seen the calendar every year for the past five years and I see these pictures where every girl looks beautiful, but to actually see the process and hear the girls talk about the outfits and the hair and makeup. They also say when you see the final product, it's always amazing to reflect back on the journey that it took to get here.

"I still can't believe that I'm going to be in a calendar.

"The veterans have been wonderful to myself and the other rookies so far. They've been an asset to us. We're able to talk to them about what to wear and what to bring, what is the shoot going to be like, what about rehearsals. Without them, we would be lost. They really put us at ease. They've allowed us to just have fun and enjoy the experience.

"I am so pumped about all of the activities this week, especially the pool games. I can't wait to see what kind of competition we have. I want to see how tough our girls really are. We're here to extend ourselves to the Dreams Tulum resort and show that we are outgoing and classy. We want to represent the Philadelphia Eagles the best way we know how. I can't wait to meet the people here and hopefully enhance their vacation."


Alicia's Blog
"It's so exciting and I'm so happy to be here. Last year, our calendar shoot was in Philadelphia. It was very local, all about the Eagles and the city. This year, we're in this beautiful country with the sun and ocean. Hopefully, we'll get to do some sightseeing, maybe see the ruins. I'm definitely happy to be back to experience this.

"It's awesome to be down here to experience other cultures, as well as our own. I wouldn't have had this opportunity if it wasn't for the Philadelphia Eagles and the Eagles Cheerleaders. To be here with our whole squad and have the chance to bond with the team, it's a dream and more.

"Believe it or not, we all get along as a team. We're pretty much like sisters, always there to help each other. We have a lot of new girls this year and we're trying to help them heel at home and as comfortable as we can, so they feel like part of our team.

"This year's calendar is going to be sexy, glamorous and exotic. I can't wait to shoot. I'm very excited."

Labels: , ,